New York to Back Same-Sex Unions From Elsewhere...

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Marine1, May 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marine1

Marine1 G&G Newbie

Last edited: May 29, 2008
  2. Well, a friend told me . . .

Ellen Degeneress does her talk show from New York so this should work for her based on the announcement she and her current love are rushing to the altar in California ASAP. :34:

Seriously, I think this is a bad move that will lead other states to duck the issue of same sex marriages by simply saying they will honor what is legal somewhere else. It is the ultimate duck the issue legislation for elected officials who do not want to get on either side of the fence.

Liberal left and Christian right legislators can each say, "We handled it!"
    This is about what we have come to expect in the world of political
    correctness.

3. Well, if enough people duck the issue, maybe it'll go away as an issue. Then we can get back to worrying about more important things.

But I'm willing to bet that Ellen will also be one of the first in the divorce line...she doesn't strike me as the type to form stable, longlasting relationship on either side of the fence.

4. Windwalker

Windwalker G&G Newbie

IMHO, there are many issues that are more important to our freedoms and Constitutional Rights than this one.

5. SKS NOOB

SKS NOOB G&G Evangelist

.... and I posted my response in the California one

6. mym1a

mym1a G&G Newbie

like other minority leaders their issues will never be satisfied! it would put them out of business!!!!

7. mym1a

mym1a G&G Newbie

no arguement from me arkansashunter appears to me that our country is spiraling out of countrol, our politicians, corperate america is grabbing what they can while they caN.Most folks are so consumed with non scense they can't see it coming ????

8. roadie

roadie G&G Newbie

I really don't want to come off as rude...but America is not mentioned in the Bible because it had not yet been founded as a country yet. The Bible was written long before this continent was even discovered.
    That being said, do we as americans have many moral short comings, yeah we do...but it is not just us, mankind in general seems to have fallen away from what the good book teaches. I'm not as religious as I probably should be, but I try. My brother is an ordained minister with a doctorate in theology, and he helps me out with things from time to time. Anyway, on the issue of gay marriage, I really could care less. I think that mankind has many more important issues to contend with than gays wanting to be together and be recognized by society. I'm no expert, but I am sure that most if not all churches are against it, and that's a shame. The God I know is a kind, loving and forgiving one, who wants his children to be happy. Gays are not evil because they're gay, they're just different. The rules to live by were written a long time ago by a much different society, and all we are left with is trying to interpret what God really wanted us to do. And the only way to know that is to ask him...not the church, churches are corruptible, He is not. If we have to waste energy on moral issues, leave the friggin gays alone! How about going after the priests that like to touch kids...now there's a moral issue that always seems to quietly get swept under the rug real fast. Besides, who are we to tell anyone who they can marry? We were give the gift of free will by God, and a basic set of rules to live by. We have have no right to condemn a person for their sexual preference, that one is up to God...now if someone breaks the laws of man it's a different story. And again, even what's written in the Bible must be left open for interpretation. Lastly, I believe God is a very wise and understanding being...did anyone ever stop to think that he might have changed his mind about a few things over the last thousand years. If you really know yourself and know God, that's all that's really important, in my opinion. Let's try and fix the things that are really important. Tackling the moral issues is always a tough one, a strong morality helps sustain a strong nation, but ours is so vastly diverse...definitely a challenge.

9. Rambo

Rambo G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

America
    It's what those people of those states want or their elected officials would do something about it. Two states down, 48 to go. Unless you're Obama. Then there's 55 more to go. (Sorry Barack. Just had to do it.)

10. roadie

roadie G&G Newbie

I'm missing something ...where does the 55 come from?

11. Rambo

Rambo G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

America
    Obama said he had visited 57 states on his campaign.

12. roadie

roadie G&G Newbie

How has the gay lifestyle ever brought harm to our nation in the past? Oh, and "they" are a minority, they do get married and they do adopt children and raise them just fine. And who is anyone to allow anyone else's lifestyle? No offence, but isn't that how the taliban works. This is still mostly a free nation, we may live how we want to as long as it is within the law, however silly some laws are.
    I'm not trying to be pro gay as it may sound, I just think we have a human right to live how we like and be with whom ever we choose.

13. CrazyIvan

CrazyIvan G&G Enthusiast

A lot of folks think this, but there are lots of things posted under the Powder Keg which do not have to do with Gun & Game. Are you folks for deleting all of those ones too?

IMO, this forum would be a ghost town and we wouldn't have any personal feelings for one another were we not to discuss hot topics such as this. Were it not for the many off-topic threads here in the Powder Keg, I wouldn't know Pred was an agitator that loves to get people's goats. I wouldn't know that AH is a bigtime Christian. I wouldn't know that T2000 is a bigtime liberal besides his owning of firearms. I wouldn't know people here feel the same or opposite than me when it comes to social issues. Each person would simply be a faceless username I would come across occassionally in the AR15 or 1911 forums. These kind of topics lend us a bit of a sense of comraderie and certain level of friendship with one another, regardless of our positions on different topics.

14. So, how about them guns, you know the ones we like to shoot?

I made some kick *** zombie targets and shot them up last week, was fun

15. CrazyIvan

CrazyIvan G&G Enthusiast

I think AH knows how to get threads closed.... Why click on it if you don't care to read it?

Anyway...

Two people who live together, share their lives, share the responsibilities of the household, love one another...I am all for allowing them the same rights as a straight couple. Tax benefits, insurance benefits, emergency medical decisions.... what is wrong with allowing them such things? What part of your life do those things in their lives effect??? I mean.....really?

16. I will never give in to the Gay life style. I have said several times what I think.
    I wish I could close a Thread because this one does not belong at a Gun Forum.
    If your Pro Gays which is an abomination against the God I beleive in then so be it.
    If they get there way you will live to regret it !

17. CrazyIvan

CrazyIvan G&G Enthusiast

How is my allowing them freedom of choice (which God granted them too) to get married going to cause me some problem with God? Judgement and condemnation against them is for his undertaking, if that is what he wants to do.

Besides that...tax, health, insurance, etc... benefits were created by man, not by God.

Jesus gave his life for us all. He didn't pick this individual and that individual but not me or you or him or her will not reap the benefits of it...

It is my understanding that we are to follow in the footsteps of God. He did not decide who to give choice to and who not to give choice to. He allowed everyone the same benefits.

If we create these benefits for people, we best give them to EVERY individual, less we be the ones who Sin.

18. They will be judged by St. Peter and God himself when they hit the pearly white gates according to Christian mythology. Now, if you actually study your bible you will see that it is not your place to judge, and granting them rights does not do anything wrong nor does it count as a sin.

I have read the bible quite often and a lot over the years, and I have studied other religions and mythologies and I have read many articles by doctors and preachers on each subject from all sides.

Where does it in the Bible say that you need to press your Christian beliefs to all non believers and make them think and act all the same as everyone else and abide by the law which is stated in the Bible? I never read that part. Instead I read that each person will be judged on an individual basis by their maker and according to his standards, not yours. After all people can repent, and according to dogmatic christian laws of the Bible, if they truly repent and are truly sorry for their sins and seek forgiveness it shall be granted.

How many people do you think do that on their death bed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.