close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

newbie <----

Discussion in 'Swiss Rifles' started by fullMetalJack, Dec 28, 2013.

1. fullMetalJack

fullMetalJack G&G Addict

Hello my Swiss Owners. well I have always wondered about the smidt rubin and k31s. ive always seen them at gun shows and online. I come from the land of mosin where rifles and bullets are plentiful for the picking lol. I would like to own a swiss rifle but don't know where to start. is there any main dealers or manufacturers that I should start eye balln? also what kind of price am I looking at for a good condition k-31. as well with ammo? do they make spam cans for these bad mamas? just need word of the wise

2. jmeck

jmeck Scope mount mfgr. Forum Contributor

NC
    Hello, You can expect to pay $300-$400 for a K31, with the current prices anything in the $250-$300 range is considered a deal now days.
    There still is surplus ammo around, aprox. $250 for a 480 round case or about $35 for a 60 round battle pack. Unlike outher surplus ammo the Swiss GP11 ammo is match grade, brass cased, non corrosive, but not reloadable. ( not as easily reloadable as common boxer primed ammo :)) They are great rifles and most of them are exceptionally accurate with no modifications what so ever, although there are scope mounts and other accessories available for them. Getcha one, you'll enjoy it.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013

3. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

4. Guisan

Guisan G&G Regular

NL
    Berdan GP11 cases can be reloaded if you can get primers and RWS makes these.
    Simpsons also mentions the bore diameters on their website, 7.51 is new and 7.56 was replacing the barrel in the Swiss army.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  5. gandog56

RWS hard to get in the US. But Tula makes Berdan primers.

6. Guisan

Guisan G&G Regular

NL
    Those are kind of short and easy set too deep, they are primers for 7.62 x 39.

Simpsons has a huge choice of Swiss rifles available online and their presentation is great, even the bore diameters are mentioned.

7. gandog56

No, the Tula primers come in two large rifle sizes. One for 7.62X39, and the other for other large rifle cases.

Large rifle For 7.62 x 39 cartridges 5.55mm/.2175"
    Large rifle For 7.62 x 51; 7.62 x 54 cartridges 6.55mm/.2563"

8. Guisan

Guisan G&G Regular

NL
  9. fullMetalJack

fullMetalJack G&G Addict

thanks for the wisdom fellas! im a reloader but not familiar with the swiss round yet. I guess ill cross that bridge when I get to it but I would like to hear this little dilemma threw lol. I recently just purchase a rock solid scope mount for one of my mosins and seen that they made a model for the swiss rifles, well I believe its just for the k31, does anyone have one of these mounts and are they adaptable to the other models besides the k31??