Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had recently read that newer Glock 21 has had some problems with feeding Federal Hydra-Shock and Winchester SXT with newer magazines. The article stated that the 2nd or 3rd round was hanging up on the feed ramp. I have recently switched from a Glock 22 to the Glock 21, and have not had any problems with 230 gr. hardball ammo, but as of yet to fire any hollow point type ammo through it. (hey, for $17.99 for a box of 20, my wife would kill me so dead you'd have to bury me twice if I went and bought a hundred rounds) The article went on to say that when the Glock 21 was fired with the above stated ammo with an M3 light attached only aggravated the problem. I carry my Glock 21 with an M3 attached on duty so you can understand my concern. I was wondering if any other "Glock'o'matic" shooters out there had heard the same thing or had experienced this problem. Any feed back would be appreciated. Thanx!!!!!!!!

·
Tradehawker LLC / www.tradehawker.com / Jn 17:17
2,041 Posts
Interesting, I am a glock armorer and have recieved stellar service from my d-series Glock 30. I replaced the Glock mag springs with Wolff +10% mag springs without a hitch.

I have compared the new Glock 21 mags with the old ones. The followers and springs are different. This was pointed out in armorer's school, but no reason for the change was given. I have never had a problem with the older Glock 30 mags once the factory mag springs were replaced with Wolff springs.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another problem that I forgot to mention is that not all of my magazines will "drop free" when I've run 'em dry. I've tried the armorall trick and it helped on some of them, but not all of them. I have a variety of mags that I use. I have both stamped "LE and Gov" mags as well as a few pre bans. I did notice though Jesse, that the springs and followers are different between LE mags and pre-ban. I have a hand full of 10 rounders (which are junk by the way) also, but some of those won't "drop free" either. Is this one of those "quirks" with Glock 21 mags, or is there a solution??? It seems that when I pull them out slowly, there is just enough resistance for about a 1/2 an inch to keep the mag snug, but after that, they fall right out. But then again, it only with some of them. It seem to be one of those "six of one, half dozen of the other" type things. My Glock 21 has a serial number of CUNXXX if that helps any.
THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts