Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked this up Friday evening, Yugo M70B1. I've wanted one for a while but until recently they've been hard to come by. I got it from a friend so it's slightly used but it's been well cared for.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,556 Posts
nice find. how much did you pay for it?

·
Chief Troll B' Gone
4,625 Posts
Good pick up, I love the Yugo's as they are built like a tank, and I have achieved fairly good accuracy out of my M70AB2.

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good pick up, I love the Yugo's as they are built like a tank, and I have achieved fairly good accuracy out of my M70AB2.
I have a very nice M72 kit being built so she'll have a sister and I'm anxious to try both of them out.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Very clean looking my friend ;)

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys.

The previous owner is not a high volume shooter by anyone's standards so I doubt this rifle has had more than twenty rounds through it. I'll have to see what I can do about that, it's my personal belief that AKs are happiest when their barrels are hot.

·
Super Moderator
4,556 Posts
i still think your a lucky chit PSLMAN. Around here the prices on all AK's are going down but not near the 450 mark yet.

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how anyone can call these rifles ugly blows my mind very nice gun my friend
Thank you.

I don't see how they're ugly unless you're on the wrong side of the muzzle, lol! I think they have a rugged elegance about them.

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i still think your a lucky chit PSLMAN. Around here the prices on all AK's are going down but not near the 450 mark yet.
J&G sales lists them for $469 so after tax and fees it would be right at $500 maybe a bit more depending on who I dealt with around here. So it's no great bargain but I can live with it. I know the previous owner and he's someone I can trust so overall I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
J&G sales lists them for $469 so after tax and fees it would be right at $500 maybe a bit more depending on who I dealt with around here. So it's no great bargain but I can live with it. I know the previous owner and he's someone I can trust so overall I'm happy with it.
I Approve! Lol I Love The Yugo And While Mine STILL Isn't Built. I Have To Say That It Will Be A Fantastic Yugo ;) I Hope You Love Yours PSLMAN And Shoot It!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Great looking Yugo PSLMAN.
Feed her well, treat her good, & you will have fun shooting for a long time.

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I Approve! Lol I Love The Yugo And While Mine STILL Isn't Built. I Have To Say That It Will Be A Fantastic Yugo ;) I Hope You Love Yours PSLMAN And Shoot It!
Great looking Yugo PSLMAN.
Feed her well, treat her good, & you will have fun shooting for a long time.

Thanks guys.

You have to love a country that bases their infantry rifle off a machine gun!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thanks guys.

You have to love a country that bases their infantry rifle off a machine gun!
-Whispers- "Hey PSLMAN, It's Missing URJ Lol" ............Jus' Kiddin' PSLMAN....

On Another Note:

Mine SHOULD Be Done Within This Month (Hopefully) Gonna Start The Rebuild Today....Using Some Ultra Flat Tactical Black Duracoat And A Sandblasted Bolt Carrier...Now I Just Need Some Red And White paint For my Markings!

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
-Whispers- "Hey PSLMAN, It's Missing URJ Lol" ............Jus' Kiddin' PSLMAN....

On Another Note:

Mine SHOULD Be Done Within This Month (Hopefully) Gonna Start The Rebuild Today....Using Some Ultra Flat Tactical Black Duracoat And A Sandblasted Bolt Carrier...Now I Just Need Some Red And White paint For my Markings!
I think this rifle was built before NDS offered those markings but I could be wrong. It's also missing a cleaning rod but I'll remedy that shortly.

Good luck on the build, I was informed yesterday that my M72 is ready to come home. :approve:

·
Registered
211 Posts
I think this rifle was built before NDS offered those markings but I could be wrong. It's also missing a cleaning rod but I'll remedy that shortly.

Good luck on the build, I was informed yesterday that my M72 is ready to come home. :approve:
Do Please Post Pics :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Does The Trunnion Have Anything Stamped On It? If Not it Was Once An Underfolder Kit Assembled By Century Into A Fixed Stock Using A US Made Rear Trunnion...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts