Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newspaper Headlines in the Year 2035

Ozone created by electric cars, now killing millions in the 7th largest
country in the world, California.

White minorities still trying to have English recognized as California's
3rd language.

Spotted Owl plague threatens northwestern United States crops & livestock.

Baby conceived naturally... Scientists stumped.

Authentic year 2000 "Chad" sells at Sotheby's for $4.6 million.

Last remaining Fundamentalist Muslim dies in the American Territory of the
Middle East (formerly known as Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Egypt, Syria &
Lebanon.)

Iran and Iraq are still closed off; physicists estimate it will take at
least one hundred more years before radioactivity decreases to safe
levels.

Castro finally dies at age 112; Cuban cigars can now be imported legally,
but President Chelsea Clinton has banned smoking.

George X. Bush says he will run for President again in 2036.

Postal Service raises price of first class stamp to $17.89 and reduces mail
delivery to Wednesday morning only.

35 year study: diet and exercise is the key to weight loss.

Massachusetts executes the last remaining conservative.

Supreme Court rules imprisonment of criminals violates their civil rights.

Upcoming NFL draft likely to focus on use of mutants.

Average height of NBA now nine feet, seven inches.

Microsoft announces it has perfected its newest version of Windows: it
crashes BEFORE installation is completed.

New federal law requires that all nail clippers, screwdrivers,
flyswatters, and rolled up newspapers must be registered as weapons by
January 2036.

Congress authorizes direct deposit of illegal political contributions to
liberals campaign accounts.

Capital Hill intern indicted for refusing to have sex with Congressman.

Congress orders IRS to lower individual tax rates to 75%.

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
33 years from now...that's coming up fast!

That's the year I'll be 98 years old. Glad I could read the headlines now before I was too old to read. (ha)

Now those headlines all seem logical the way things are going now. Guess we should make an effort to change those headlines before they become true. Very interesting and good food for thought.

Oxford:nod:

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,182 Posts
Thought you were that old NOW Oxie old boy.:rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
Check the obit's each morning to see if I'm still alive.

Guess what NRAJoe? Sometimes when I get out of bed each morning that's how old I feel.

In fact some days when I go to bed that's how old I feel, too. With enough coffee my bones start creaking and my heart starts pumping and before long I'm acting like a kid again. (ha) I wish.

Life is great and I plan to do a lot of living for those next 30 years. You might be surprised at some of the activities that I still do regularly. (ha)

Oxford:D :D :D :nod:

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,182 Posts
Me too bud, I've had rheumatoid arthritis since 1987 when I was 28 yrs old. Pretty stiff in the morns but a hot bath and Ecotrin get me going again! I felt better when I lifted weights every other day and got lazy and quit that in '98. Dusted off the bench today, now I gotta psych myself up again!

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
Keep on truck'in!

NRAJOE:

Sorry to hear about your rheumatoid arthritis. I've got arthritis, too, but I'm not sure which kind it is. Mainly my joints have gotten stiffer but I keep doing plenty of exercises. My mother had rheumatoid arthritus, too, so that's probably what I have, only to a much lesser degree at this point in time.

For instance, I walked three miles this morning and now I'm heading off in a few minutes for two more hours of tennis. I walk that far nearly every day and get on the courts at least three times if not four or five times per week. As you may know, I just returned from participating in a tennis tournament at Waterloo, Iowa over the past weekend. Then on Wednesdays I do voluntary carpentry work for Habitat For Humanity.

I can do these activities as long as I take two 800 mg ibuprofen's that day. It's worth it to me to take the medicine so I can continue with these activities.

Oxford:nod:

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,182 Posts
Yeah I used to take three 800 mg motrins everyday when I used to go to my doctor. When he retired I started taking ecotrins. Its mostly in my neck and upper back so far. You should see peoples faces when I crack my neck, sometimes you can here it across the room. Inactivity and excess weight are two of the worst things you can do with arthritis and I'm doing both...gotta get off my arse fer sure! My mother had it also and had both hips replaced!

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
sorry to hear that you guys are in pain. i know the feeling . i had two neck surgeries. pretty much a solid bone from the neck up. and man does it bother me can't do much unless i got some pain pills. I got to fill them tomorrow. i had a functional capacity test today and it was ruff. got my head pounding and my neck stabbing me . it ain't to fun. been like this for 3 years and don't wish it on no one. hang in there guy's it gets better . i hope.lol.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,182 Posts
Hey, all us "inflicted" guys can start our own thread and tell each other where it hurts everyday! Hang in there tommy, buy a new gun you'll feel much better! :D

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
to bad the dr's don't think like you NRAJOE the world would be a better place. buying a new gun is the cure for alot of things .makes you forget about you'er troubles.( for a little while atleast).

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
Hey...I'll gladly skip the references to aches, pains, operations, and medicines. I realize most people don't really give a daxmn about them but occasionally the subject gets brought up and that's fine with me. Those things are part of life and sometimes need to be discussed with friends.

Oxford

1 - 11 of 11 Posts