close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Next ?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Logansdad, Aug 31, 2002.

1. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

:eek: What are you going to get next ? I'm thinking about a Smith snubnose .38 :rolleyes: :target:

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Taurus Tracker in .357, then the .44!

3. KIMBER ECLIPSE ULTRA II .45 ACP

DANA

4. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

logansdad, just a little off topic but where is the emarald coast???:confused:

5. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Fender Telecaster "Nashville Model" Electric Guitar. Oh, you mean guns? Uh, 7mm Mauser.....

6. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

The gulf coast of Alabama Papa G

7. Already got Kel-Tec P32 and BHP!! Tapped out fornow!!

8. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

thanks logansdad, guess i can put away the map of Ireland!!!

9. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I don't know how it came to be called that...

10. 2xTap

2xTap G&G Newbie

Most likely a Springfield TRP in Black A-Kote.

2xTap

11. Just got a kel-tec P32 a couple of months ago, thinking about a Walther P1/P38 now.

12. I'm considering the CZ40.

13. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I just put down a down payment on a Magnum Research BFR .45-70. Anyone want to try to top that?

14. I have never tried topping you Klaus....don't think anyone can....'nuff said.

Go Super Klaus!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2002
  15. klaus,
    we had a guy pick his up on friday he said his 454 is alot more gun than the 45-70. He was not impresed at all and wants to sell it back to us, he says the 454 kicks harder and is more accurate and cronied faster than the 45-70.
    hay to each his own, but if your paying more than $856.95 for it your getting ripped.

16. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I have checked the published ballistics on the .454 and .45-70 and the -70 wins easily, with a heavier bullet at the same speed. The .454 may be a bit louder and have more felt recoil because it is loaded to higher pressures. The .45-70 has a much larger charge of a slower burning powder. If the Casull chronoed faster, it is because he used much different bullet weights, like a 260 vs. a 400.

17. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I have compared many loadings, and the .45-70 keeps coming up 10-15% more energy than the .454; there is a much larger margin for momentum.

18. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

buddy once double dog dared me to

shoot an American Derringer in 45-70...I did just to be able to say I did it..several hours later we shot another American Derringer in .44 Magnum...I won't ever do it again..:target:

19. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

American Derringer makes a .45-70??? Wow! I thought the .45 LC/.410 was already insane. I sure would not shoot it, unless I got paid a lot and had medical coverage.