close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Night sites?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by JohnW, Mar 28, 2002.

1. JohnW

JohnW G&G Newbie

I own a Para Ord. P-13-45 and have been thinking of putting a set of night glow sites on it. Just wondering if anyone uses this type of site and would you recommend doing this? Thanks for any inputs.

2. Uncle Red

Uncle Red G&G Newbie

My brother is a LEO and carries a Dept issued .40 Sig w/ night sights. His normal shift is 21:00-07:00 and he tells me the sights are invaluable to him especially if hes doing a building sweep or other such duties in almost total darkness. He's currently trying to talk the Dept into letting their officers(him) use the laser sights that replace the main spring guide rod. HTH -UR.

3. Peter

Peter G&G Newbie

Check out P-T nite sites. i put them on my glock and they're great. good in day too. not as expensive as trijicon, but highly rated by some arizona and CA police depts. Check out topglock.com for more info and a link to their site.

4. JohnW

JohnW G&G Newbie

Uncle Red, I have seen the type lazer site you are talking about at a gun show awhile back. Do you know who makes them and if they make them for the Para's?

5. I got trijicon nite sites on my sig p220 when i ordered it about 9 years ago & i've since purchased a p229 & Kahr k9 all with nite sites. You can sure find that front sight in low light & dark situations

6. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I had Trijicons installed on my Glock after I had them installed on my wife's Glock. I like them...alot

7. FireStar

FireStar G&G Newbie

I own a fully combat customized FireStar .40S&W that has Trijicon night sights on (over10+ years now)... and I still haven't seen any reduction in their ability to glow at night.

As far as the high cost... I've always felt that it's better to spend a few extra bucks when it comes to something as important as my personal protection firearm.

8. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Actually, trijicons glow during the day, too. Tritium is one of my favorite isotopes. It undergoes a low energy beta minus decay, giving off light. It is FAR safer than radium.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2002
  9. ScottD

ScottD G&G Newbie

Put them on my Browning Hi-Power. Never regret it. The gun just glows on the night stand at night. $100.00 well spent. Only down side..... they are only suppose to last for 12 years.