No.1 MK2 3A

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by willys, Mar 22, 2002.

1. willys

willys G&G Newbie

TEXAS
    I have an Enfield NO.1 MK2 3A. has anyone tried to mount a scope to one of these?

2. warren47

warren47 G&G Newbie

Scope mount

I mounted a scope on a No. 4 Enfield which is not much different. The "No Gunsmithing Required" scope mounts will require you to drill and tap a screw to secure the mount. After the mount was screwed to the bridge it worked fine.

There is one mount that seems to be a real" No Gunsmith Required" scope mount. They are supposed to be coming out with a mount for the No. 1 and Ishapors. Click on the link below and look at CAD Technik.

http://www.303british.com/

Warren

3. JIMM

JIMM G&G Newbie

I put a no gunsmithing scope mount on my Ishapor .The only thing I had to do was to remove the rear sight by removing a pin and sweating off the rear sight with a propane torch so I could slide a ring down the barrel to the receiver then reverse the process it seems to work well enough. I think it is an S&k.

4. Re: scope mount

I think Brownells sells one. It requires removing the safety and extractor screws, then uses the knurled knobs on the mount to hold those two and the mount in place.