Gun and Game Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This issue seems to come up from time to time, so I think it's good to add a sticky on the subject.

DO NOT post ANYTHING on Gunandgame regarding illegal activity, specifically having any illegal guns or modifying or considering modifying them illegally.

This IS an appropriate place to ask about what is and isn't legal when you are finding out how to buy, own, and modify guns LEGALLY. Of course none of us are representing our knowledge as legal counsel, but many of us are well read on the matter and can give helpful answers if not final answers. This IS an appropriate place to discuss military technology of all sorts, including that which we can't legally own. Just don't talk about illegally owning it.

Of course most of us believe that most gun laws, specifically those restricting what we may and may not own, are made corruptly and are intended as a step towards confiscation. This IS the place to say that you believe they are entirely wrong, just don't be surprised if you're the millionth person to say just that.

But at Gunandgame, we advocate using every legal means at our disposal to change the laws, not break them. If you disagree on that point, keep it to yourself. Don't even suggest breaking the law on Gunandgame.

Other websites have become involved in investigations when people have posted about their illegal activity. There are people in jail because of what they posted on a gun forum. People, this is a PUBLIC forum where ANYONE can read what you post. Feel free to speak your beliefs, but don't involve Gunandgame in any discussions of anything illegal.

If any of this seemed repetitive, it's because it's important. It hasn't been a big deal on Gunandgame, but it's come up from time to time so I felt a sticky on the subject would help keep things in good order.

Thanks!

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
That discussion by BRG3 was very well written, and clearly represents the owner of G&G's policy. Zero tolerance is the policy on breaking that guideline.

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Well said. I don't think you can make it any more clear.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If there are any questions or things which should be clarified, please do ask. If appropriate, I'll edit the first post accordingly.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not to mention.
Any one out there in a hurry,
to play soap on a rope with, BUBBA.
In the FED. pen.
Cartergs.
Now as i understand law.
10 YRS and $ 100.000 fine.
Something to think about!!!!

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Penalties vary based on the offense and additional state offenses. Point being that none of it belongs here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hummm... I agree .... But you missed something" Possession of any AUTO SEAR is a machine gun!"
I don't care how you interpret the law! Even if you can buy auto parts off the internet, you get caught with the sear from that kit it will cost you up to 10 years in Federal Prison and up to 100,000 in fines just for having it in your pocket, hand or in your house!!

“ But lets not stop there “You can also be charged with other offences at the same time.
Manufacture ,Alteration, or Conversion of any firearm without proper papers you can be arrested and convicted of manufacture of a unregistered machine gun , unlawful possession of machine gun parts , unlawful transfer of parts to a unregistered firearm, Possession of a improvised weapon, and if you happen to be unlucky and have the gun in your car they will tack on transportation of a unlicenced illegal firearm.

All of these charges are up to the arresting BATFE Agent and one or all can be filed against you under the Anti Terrorism Act . Putting it lightly If its worth you life in prison “HAVE FUN” . Last note when you buy a parts kit to make a AK from scratch, throw away the front sear from the auto parts this is the only item deemed a “machine gun’!!

MODERATOR EDIT: For each full auto, there is a part that is considered to count as the machinegun. On an AR-15 or modified HK 90 series, it is the auto sear. On an Uzi it is the bolt. On an AK it is the receiver. Posessing an auto sear for an AK is not illegal, however posessing one as well as an AK is considered "constructive posession" of a machinegun because you have the COMBINATION of parts needed. They don't use this "constructive posession" rule for any other type of restricted firearm. Another thing that makes an AK count as a machinegun is to have a hole for a third axis pin as is used only for the auto sear. Additionally, ANY sort of modification that makes the gun fire more than one shot with each pull of the trigger is also illegal, and most of them are unsafe as well. The only legal devices are external ones that do nothing but enable YOU to pull the trigger at a faster rate. This includes cranks and devices that simply allow you to do more with your own finger. Many of which don't work at all.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
With respect to every earnest contribution, this is a serious topic that needs to be made clear and simple. NO discussions of illegal activity on Gunandgame.

Discussions about this can have their own threads. Discussions of specific guns and their restricted parts belong in their respective categories.

I am going to trim down this thread and lock it, not because I don't appreciate people's contributions, but because this message needs to be concise and uncluttered. Please do start any new threads you wish on the subject.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.