No Laughing Matter

Discussion in 'Firearm Related News' started by GGReporter, May 28, 2008.

1. GGReporter

GGReporter Moderator

Gun owners have become experts at spotting politicians pretending to be Second Amendment supporters.

We've seen Al Gore and John Kerry go through the posing and posturing. We've seen it from Claire McCaskill in Missouri.

And of course, we're seeing it from Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton right now. The fact that the Democratic presidential candidates are trying to run as pro-Second Amendment candidates isn't surprising. But that they're trying to pull off this charade during the primary campaign is something new.

Usually the gun-control candidate waits until the general election to pull the wool over the eyes of gun owners. Not this year. Obama and Clinton haven't been courting the support of the Brady Campaign, at least not publicly. Instead they are engaged in a contest, each trying to persuade gun owners that they and they alone can protect the Second Amendment rights of Americans.

It would be funny if it weren't so insulting. It would be funny if the stakes weren't so high. With the White House and our freedoms on the line, it's no laughing matter.

More...

2. I think what bothers me most about or as far as gun bans and those fake pro-gun candidates is this. Most any ban will be implemented to or rather because they think it will "reduce" gun violence. Fine. All I ask is this. If you do implement a ban, include a cancellation of the ban when it doesn't reduce gun or any other violence. Because it WON'T! Implement a cancellation of the ban when criminals don't obey or follow the ban/s and more innocent people become targets.