Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All things being equal, is a non-import marked M44 worth more? If a run of the mill M44 sells for $100, how much more would you pay? Its a 45 Izhevsk in great shape, with original sling.

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
It would def. be worth more to some of the true collectors, but I wouldn't know how much more. I'd keep it.

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its in really good shape, and its on consignment for $160 at a local shop.

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
I paid $109 for my laminated M-44 in excellent cond., a non-import will definitely bring a premium but that seems a mite high. It's really hard to say though, Big 5 sells run-of-the-mill M-44's from Century for well over $100 when not on sale, so after the supplies dry up, it might be worth a bundle.

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Toolman, as I stated somewhere, my intention is to buy 2 M44's. One to leave as issued, another to scope, and refinish. I would hate to modify this one, and yet have my eye on a '45 Tula round receiver. Sooo, either I pass on this one, and buy a $100 '45 Ishevsk to modify and wait for the Tula someday, or buy 3! Two I can justify...

·
Banned
14,554 Posts
That's a hard one, Steve. But if it's in excellent condition, I'd probably get it in spite of the price tag; the pleasure of owning it will last a lot longer than the extra sixty bucks would.

Of course I'm speaking from my personal perspective, rather than as a financial advisor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My first M44 Mosin Nagant

I just bought my first Russian M44. I've been reading up on the rifle and have found everyone's information to be very helpfull. I own several other gun's as a collector and appreciate the info. sharing.

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to G&G Jay! There is tons of info here, Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. Someone always has an answer, even if they have to make one up (LOL)!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts