non kill deer tourney

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by terryknight, Aug 17, 2010.

1. I was reading Outdoor Life today and saw an article about a tournament that is based n the pro bass tournaments except for whitetails. Basically you have 2 days to scout for deer without aid of cameras or bait. Just your knowledge then you have a digital camera/scope that takes a photo of whatever you're looking at when you pull the trigger. then a winner is chosen by a panel of judges.

it sounds interesting to me, What do you people think?

2. stinkybriches

stinkybriches G&G Enthusiast

so, what happens when 10 people pull the "trigger" on the same buck?

3. I dunno they all win?:dunno:

4. 99z28monster

99z28monster G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

so are we killing the deer or not?

5. I don't think the people in to tourney are

6. That'd be awesome. My money would be to give the prize to the person that "shot" him first. If it was a real hunt, that big boy'd be dead with that first person anyway, right?

It is an interesting idea, but I like the meat. Cooked up a buncha deer meat last night actually. Trying to eat all I can since the season is fast approaching! Today, venison "stuff." A recipe my granny came up with for beef, but I find venison is just as tasty. I'll post it in the cooking section.

7. shop tom

shop tom G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Instead of eating dinner tonight, I'm going to take a picture of a nice steak and stare at it....................

8. 99z28monster

99z28monster G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

yummy

9. dman24

dman24 G&G Newbie

That's a good idea to me. Maybe it will catch on. I don't care if it has horns or not, I like the meat. I wouldn't pass on the chance at a nice buck, but a picture is worth a thousand words right.

10. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Something to do in the off-season ?? Sounds like fun !!

11. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    great, harrass deer in the off season so that they are even more spooky and nocturnal come hunting season.

12. Thats like standing on a bridge and pointing at fish in the river. WTF