Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you guys have any personal experience with these? I'm thinking of trading for a used one for a project gun. I talked to a guy that used to build custom 1911's and he said that he actually prefers the Norinco frame for building custom guns because the frame is forged rather than investment cast like a lot of U.S. frames. So what do you guys think? The pawnshop that has it is asking $179.95 but has already said they would take less. I'm thinking of trading my prized laminated M-44 complete w\sling and scout scope if they will do it.

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,861 Posts
BUY IT! Dont hesitate

I have one I bought in '92. Started as a learner/project gun. I always intended on upgrading to a nicer 1911 (ie. non chineese) It's worked so well I cant let it go.180 is fair, if you can get it for 20 less even better.

The enclosed target was offa sand bag at 15 yards w/ 200 gn SWC's 5 shots.

G

·
toolman said:
The pawnshop that has it is asking $179.95 but has already said they would take less.
I'd pay that :jaw:heck if you don't want it I'd like to have their phone number :right:

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
norinco's are entry level guns, knockoffs of higher quality guns. however they are a good quality knockoff. because of their price they are super populare here in Canada. i know of many guys that have them and for the most part they are very happy with them. at that price, dont waste time, grab it and run. norinco pretty much has their version of most popular styles of guns and i wouldn't hesitate to buy any one of them.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
for that price buy it. dont sweat the cast vs forged crap, a quality casting or forging will last a long long time.

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, after I fix Wifey's car I'm heading to the pawn shop. I trust the guy I talked to as I've seen some of his work but I always like second opinions when I can get them.

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welp, I'm officially bummed out. The Norinco 1911 that I went to look at turned out to be a Norinco 9mm that looked more like some kind of toy. Oh well. :(

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
toolman said:
Welp, I'm officially bummed out. The Norinco 1911 that I went to look at turned out to be a Norinco 9mm that looked more like some kind of toy. Oh well. :(
Was it a chinese 219 Tokarov? Still a great pistol, it's no .45 but still alot of fun to shoot.

·
Registered
132 Posts
norinco's 1911's sell at gun shows in Texas for $375-$450 so any price under $180 is a
steal but the Norinco Tok. 9mm is a good gun also. $160 is a standard price for the
replica Tok. 9mm's

·
Registered
4 Posts
To revive this aging thread, here is a photo of my newly purchased Norinco 1911A1 5" all stock except the rubber grips. A very fine pistol indeed.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Thirties, That pistol looks good to me. I always did like the basics. How does she handle/shoot. And if you don't mind telling, how much did she cost. I'm looking for an inexpensive 1911 myself.

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,861 Posts
My old Norinco, with some buddies:smirk:
Kinda wish I'd kept it. The only gun I made a profit on selling it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thirties, That pistol looks good to me. I always did like the basics. How does she handle/shoot. And if you don't mind telling, how much did she cost. I'm looking for an inexpensive 1911 myself.
Bought it for $335, but the temp has not gone over the 20s. The one time I shot it (15 deg with wind) I was able to get all 7 within 4", but that was with numb hands and tearing eyes. Gun cycled fine and sent the brass over my head, not on it. I gave up, and loaded a bunch of ammo for a warmer day -- looking for the mid 30s or higher.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts