Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Yes,
I have one and its the best little 22 ive ever had.

Mine has the heavy barrel and will shoot a ragged hole at 25.

Also love cheap ammo

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,353 Posts
Not this specific model, but I do have the JW-27 sporter and the TU-KKW clone of the Mauser KKW WWII training rifle - all have the same Chinese-copy of the basic BRNO action. I call it the "CZ for half the price!" :)
Fit&finish are lacking, but they are superb shooters.

·
Registered
13 Posts
yes i have one it is the best farm gun i`ve ever owned pretty acurate for the price and has had nothing go wrong with it. i am actualy restoring it now.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
I bought the ugliest JW15 ever, I wanted a knock around paddock rifle I could lay in the dirt and not be concerned for.

It was primarily up close finishing shots. It was very cheap, battered, but in decent working order.

It shoots incredibley well. Open sight off hand shooting around camp is a hoot. I put a free old Jap 4 power scope I was given on it and sorta ruined its handiness, but what the hey.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I put a Tasco 4x on mine when i got it and never regretted it. When I lived in Valdez I was a ptarmigan hunting fiend. That is where i really learned how to shoot accuratelly and just how accurate these little bolt guns are. I regulary took ptarmigan with headshots, offhand, at 30-80 yard ranges with that set up and bulk .22lr ammo.

Everyone should have at least one of these, I dont know of a more accurate for the price firearm out there.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I payed $115.00 each for the two I bought 15 years ago. I could have had them for less if I were in a different part of the stae at the time.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I purchased mine in 1991 and mounted a 4 power Browning scope (made by Burris in those days) on it in Weaver 1" tip-off rings and have never looked back. A fine little rifle. If you ever look underneath that syrupy dark finish on the stock you will find a very white piece of hardwood.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,353 Posts
Unfortunately, the Chinese had a habit of using a very soft wood for many rifle stocks - I've seen this on Norinco SKS carbines as well as the JW-series .22 rifles. It dings and scratches very easily - one reason these guns tend to look ratty with time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts