• OVER $600

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ahh..Cordite.
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EARLY MODEL ORIGINAL "D" MODEL
ORIGINAL MILITARY STYLE FURNITURE (NOT MONTE CARLO/SPORTER/THUMBHOLE)
LOW SERIAL NUMBER
ACCEPTS AK MAGAZINES
BOLT LOCK BACK FEATURE
STRIPPER CLIP ACCEPTING BOLT
RECESSED SPIKE BAYONET
ORIGINAL SHOULDER STRAP
CLEANING KIT
ONE OF THE FABLED 500 HELD UP IN CUSTOMS IN THE 1980'S ITS SERIAL # DENOTES IT WAS IN THE 4TH PRODUCTION RUN IN THE LOW 100'S
myn 040.jpg

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Unfortunately the SKS-D is the most unreliable non milsurp cheap knockoff production SKS clone ever built much like the SKS-M sporter & it is sad . I wouldn't pay $400 let alone $600 for one but you could give me one and I'd turn around and trade it for a nice Surplus SKS or two or sell or trade it for a decent AK . If you haven't seen it yet, Tim at the Military Arms channel did a video on the SKS D and he had nothing but failure to feed and failure to eject issues with that silly thing . In all honesty if I were you rather than wasting the money on one of these cheap knock-off production rifles I would be looking for a nice early pre Norinco Chinese or Yugo SKS (yugo's have milled receivers not stamped ) because your money will be better spent and you'll be better off with a real Surplus dead nuts reliable SKS :) ...

IMAG2581_zpscfgdt58z (1).jpg

·
NOT a new member
1,675 Posts
IIRC the AK magazine variants relied mainly on the stock to hold the magazine in alignment to feed properly and every SKS variant that took AK mags that I have messed with were sloppy loose. It was a failure at best, neat concept but it would take attaching the magazine holding and alignment parts to the receiver itself so that there would be no misalignment ever. Even the regular SKS big mag conversions were a pain and prone to failures. I disposed of all those years ago and put the stock factory mag boxes back on.

I would say a D model is not worth much if at all more than a regular SKS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts