Gun and Game Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Like I said: There is no better value in the M14 world than the Chinese M14.

I picked up these Poly Techs over the past 3 years or so.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Would there be a difference in terms of performance between a LRB arms receiver and Polytech/Norinco fitted with USGI parts?
NO difference as long as the M14 armorer knows what slight modification the LRB receiver needs.

Well, you will have more $$ left in your wallet if you use a ChiCom receiver :burnout:

·
Registered
11 Posts
NO difference as long as the M14 armorer knows what slight modification the LRB receiver needs.

Well, you will have more $$ left in your wallet if you use a ChiCom receiver :burnout:
Are the differences in performance not even marginal after the chicom receiver has been checked out and worked on?

I'm planning to buy one new in the box from a local friend from where I will upgrade slowly as I accumulate the money (USGI bolt conversion, SEI addons and improvements, new stock and barrel, etc..) and maybe compete with it after tons of practice and maybe some classes.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Don't you mean the chinese receiver?
The Chinese receiver is dimensionally correct, but the LRB needs a relief cut to allow full reward travel of the bolt.
The Chinese receiver should be checked for hardness, some need heat treating. There is no hardness issue with LRB.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts