close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

North American Arms mini revolver

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Logansdad, Jul 28, 2002.

1. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I've been thinking long and hard on the 1 5/8 inch barreled switch cylinder (.22lr & .22WMR) with the belt buckle holster...:eek: :rolleyes: :fuss: ::target: Any thoughts ?

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Just kind of a novelty isn't it? You aren't seriously thinking of using it for defense are you? I would like to have one just for the heck of it but it would be just for yuk, yuks!

3. NRAJOE

After thinking about it I guess a face full of .22WMR would put a end to hostilities.

4. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I think it would be cool just to have...I could load it with shotshells to keep water moccassins from trying to get in my boat while fishing in the swamps

5. NRAJOE

Yeah it would be cool for that too.

6. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    I carry one everywhere I go (.22LR). Especially places that don't allow CCW, It is like my backup gun otherwise. You put it in your pocket and it takes up as much room as a little bit of change. I have two thoughts on it. five shots of .22 stinger is better than nothing and it is always better to have it and not need it...

7. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I like that Eric..

8. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I almost bought one today but it didn't have a .22lr cylinder...

9. NRAJOE

I think I would have got it anyway. I think I'd prefer .22WMR .

10. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I gotta have that old time versatility...that's a big part of the charm...sides what am I going to repel water moccassins with ?

11. NRAJOE

Don't they make those teeny shotshells in WMR?

12. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Have you ever heard a .22WMR round touched off from one of those peashooters...talk about the Mouse that Roared

13. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Got it !

:p I bought one today...:nod:

14. NRAJOE

Seen one at the gunstore by where I live and thought of you old bean! They had one that was in the belt buckle and one that had a folding grip that swung out. Didn't catch the prices though.

15. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Expensive...but I'm worth it...besides it's my money and I'll spend it if I want to

16. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    Congratulations LD! welcome to the "itty-bitty gun club" always make sure it's at half-cock when it's in your pocket...you could accidentally join the "itty-bitty club"

17. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Never use the half-cock!!!!! ALWAYS use the safety slot on the cylinder. The half-cock position is only supposed to be used for removing the cylinder, and does not work well for that either. Keep a thumb on the hammer when dropping the cylinder and keep the muzzle pointed somewhere safe. The safety notch is 100% reliable and is disengaged when you cock the hammer.

18. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

That safety slot is so cool !..

19. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I wonder how much it would cost to have it finished in Titanium Nitride (TiN) ?

20. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

slow unholstering

:eek: man oh man pulling that mini revolver out of that belt buckle holster is slow going... :p you better never be in a hurry...you'll either get snakebit (in my case) or accidently shoot yourself....they did have a Thad Rhybka knock off pocket holster....I'll get it. :nod: