Not a bad trade, I think.

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by DaTeacha, Sep 22, 2010.

1. DaTeacha

DaTeacha Things are not what they seem. Forum Contributor

A guy at school used to have a Super Redhawk, which he sold. He's recently acquired a S&W M&P 9mm. He was digging around in his shooting stuff and found 4 full boxes of Blazer .44 mag 240 grain ammo. He offered to sell it to me. I offered to trade 4 boxes of 9mm Blazer. He jumped on it.

CHeapest I can find for the .44 is $27 per box at Buds, plus shipping of course. I bought the 9s for 8 or 9 per box, depending on when I got it. It's currently going for $10 at Wally's.

I guess I did okay. :)

Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  2. waterdog

waterdog G&G Enthusiast

3. Dutch

Dutch G&G Evangelist

CO
    I would call that a good trade DaTeacha. Should have offered him 3 boxes of 9 :)

4. Earl Easter

Earl Easter Pheasant Hunter Forum Contributor

Now that is a great trade.....

5. Chris

Chris G&G Evangelist Staff Member Forum Contributor

I think you did great! Good job!

6. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Great trade !! I need you around when I go to trade in my truck !!

7. DaTeacha

DaTeacha Things are not what they seem. Forum Contributor

I do, but I have a little over a thousand factory 9s. The .44s are aluminum case Blazers. The ones I'll give him are Blazer brass. He doesn't reload, but I'll ask him to save the brass for me if he can.

At the current price of 9s - 16 to 20 cents a round - I just save the brass from those to load up some fancier stuff later.

My hunting ammo for the Redhawk are my loads in Remington cases I got from Midway.

8. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

Good trade Teach. He had no use for them and if you get the brass from the 9mm back, bonus! What's the price of a box of .44 mag. vs. 9mm? Darn good trade!!!