Gun and Game Forum banner

Not bad for an old C&R

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  gandog56 
#1 · (Edited)
I received my CZ-82 last week and the ammo this week from J&G.

The pistol is much better condition than I expected which was a fine surprise.

Took her out today and ran two magazines through her...7 yards, 24 shots, Brown Bear 9x18 ammunition. Accuracy is sat for the first time fired by me.

Recoil with the hard plastic grips is a little harsh on these old arthritic hands...even with finger-gloves but man was this thing easy to handle.

12 shots timed fire...12 shots double-tap.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Any of them I've shot have been quite accurate. Being a blow back design the recoil of CZ82 is a little harsher than designs such as the CZ75. I'd have to rate them as a real bargain in the pistol market.

#6 ·
I received my CZ-82 last week and the ammo this week form J&G.

The pistol is much better condition than I expected which was a fine surprise.

Took her out today and ran two magazines through her...7 yards, 24 shots, Brown Bear 9x18 ammunition. Accuracy is sat for the first time fired by me.

Recoil with the hard plastic grips is a little harsh on these old arthritic hands...even with finger-gloves but man was this thing easy to handle.

12 shots timed fire...12 shots double-tap.
I did better

:09:

No double tap, was seeing how the gun would group. Only a couple bad flyers that are probably mostly my fault.

#7 ·
I did better

:09:

No double tap, was seeing how the gun would group. Only a couple bad flyers that are probably mostly my fault.
Nice shootin'! Now try it off hand like the rest of us do! BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!

#8 · (Edited)
Recoil with the hard plastic grips is a little harsh on these old arthritic hands...even with finger-gloves but man was this thing easy to handle.12 shots timed fire...12 shots double-tap.
Looks like you got a keeper:). Wish I'd bought several before the price got sky high.
Having had arthritis since I was 15 or so I can appreciate the misery a small blowback pistol can cause. Had to sell a nice little Bersa .380 years ago because it tore my hands up worse than hot handloads out of a .45 Colt Blackhawk.

Two suggestions that might help with your CZ:Buy a new recoil spring from CZ-USA or Wolff and use brass cased ammo. If the recoil spring gets even slightly weak in a blowback pistol the felt recoil goes way up. Brass expands and seals to the chamber, slightly retarding the slides rearward movement.
I have personal experience with the spring difference and now it's an automatic replacement in any used semi-auto pistol of any kind regardless of age.
I never use steel cased ammo in handguns but I have read several posts from others discussing frame battering when using steel. If the slide slams into the frame the recoil spring isn't doing it's job and this would likely increase felt recoil. Maybe a slightly stronger spring would make up for the increased slide speed but the gun also might not cycle reliably with lower powered or brass cased ammo.

Just a couple of things to try that might make it a little more pleasant to shoot. Mine got the new spring before I fired it and even as bad as my hands are I have a blast shooting it using S&B and Fiocchi ammo.
Good Luck,
Guntoter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.