Not much traffic.

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Yanqui, Jul 28, 2002.

1. Yanqui

Yanqui Guest

Not much traffic. Hmmm. Well, I guess I'll start off with I'm a new member. My favorite rifle is the Winchester 1894 Legendary Lawmen Commemorative. I installed a polished blue large loop lever. It looks great.

I should have previewed it first.:)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2002
  2. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    don't have a lever, yet. I did take a good look at the Henry Lever action .22MAG It's a nice little gun.
    www.henryrepeating.com

3. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I have a lever Winchester model 94 in .44 mag. Blue finish,sweet shooting!

4. LEVER GUNS

BROWNING, MARLIN,SAVAGE,ITHICA,WINCHESTER ARE SOME OF MY LEVER GUNS. ONE OF MY WINCHESTER LEVERS HAS A BEEMANS #3 SCOPE MOUNTED DIRECTLY ON THE BOLT SO IS OVER THE BARREL SIGHT LINE, WORKS WELL. MY MARLIN 444 IS MY FAVORITE.

DANA

5. Yanqui

Yanqui Guest

I've pondered the thought about putting ghost ring sights or a scope on the bolt of one my Winchester 94's. I wondered if it would work. I guess you have proven the point. Good deal.

6. NRAJOE

I'd like ghost ring sights on mine myself. Never thought of it before. Don't mind a scope on a Marlin, but don't like 'em on a Winchester.

7. Yanqui

Yanqui Guest

Did you installed the scope yourself ? I mean did you drill & tap the bolt yourself?

8. MOD 94 SCOPE

AT THE TIME WHEN I HAD THE SCOPE MOUNTED I HAD A BASE MADE AND ATTACHED BY A GUNSMITH AS THERE WAS NOT AN ADAPTER FOR THE BEEMANS FOR A WEAVER BASE. NOW YOU CAN MOUNT A BEEMANS ON A WEAVER BASE AND WOULD ONLY REQUIRE THE BOLT TO BE DRILLED AND TAPED.

DANA

9. Mick

Mick G&G Addict

Mine is a Rossi 92 Puma 44/40, I was going to buy a 44 mag but they where about $200-$300 dollars more, in hindsight I should have, ammo is a lot cheaper. But it's a sweet gun and I can reload my own for about $25/50 rounds as compared to $75 for Winchester ammo.

Oh yeah Jerry I checked out the henry site, love the survival rifle, how much fun would that be on little varmints!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2002
  10. NRAJOE

What do you pay for a lever action down under? My Winchester 94 cost $325.00 out the door.

11. Mick

Mick G&G Addict

OK now heres where it gets tricky, if you're looking at a new stainless Marlin 44 mag It'll set you back around $1500 dollars, thats Australin play money though so about $800 US,

But my Puma cost me $400 and it's about 10 yrs old in good condition, but on the same day I bought it there was a winchester 44 mag that was as old as Methusela and loose as a goose and they wanted $600 for it, 44 mags are as rare as hens teeth, no one wants to sell them!

12. NRAJOE

Oh my god!! And I thought prices were getting bad here! SHEESH!

13. Cyclops

Cyclops Guest

I had the same initial complain (not much traffic). What you soon learn, it's more quality than quantity around here! :ballons:

14. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

I love my 94 30-30 for sure. It's a great multi purpose rifle.

15. I have a Winchester .22 mag in lever action. Shoots great.

16. Yanqui

Yanqui Guest

I guess you're right. Over at the Home of the AR15 webpage it use to be quality. Now mainly it's quantity. I rarely visit that place now.

And besides, I now prefer the Winchester 92/94 SRC instead of the black rifles. I actually started with the Winchester lever guns way before I became interested in the black rifles. I do not remember why I got into black rifles. Maybe it was my stint in the Marine Corps that got me started.

I remember watching Chuck Connors in "The Rifleman", John Wayne in "Stagecoach" and other westerns where he carried his trusty customized lever gun. I also remember watching Steve McQueen in "Wanted Dead or Alive." They carried customized Winchester 1892 SRC's.

There's a website that honors Chuck Connors in "The Rifleman" http://members.tripod.com/~northfork/therifle.html

I haven't checked to see if there's a Wanted Dead or Alive webpage. When I log off here I'll do some searching.

There use to be webpage that honored John Wayne, but they went caput. I do not know why but I think that they did not have the authorization to use his name. I remember that Rossi came out with a "Rifleman" Puma and the lever looked just like the John Wayne lever. Then it was pulled off the market. A few years ago Rossi came out with another Puma with a large loop lever. This time the lever does not look like the John Wayne or the Rifleman's lever.

Do you think I should have posted this over in the lever gun section? Maybe I should have. I hadn't planned on discussing lever guns. :D

Last edited: Aug 5, 2002
  17. 94 SCOPE

PICTURE OF WINCHESTER 94 WITH A BEEMANS #3 SCOPE MOUNTED ON THE BOLT

DANA

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. NRAJOE

Strange, I've never seen that before!

19. Mick

Mick G&G Addict

That looks awsome, imagine letting off a few quickfire, that scope would be flying.

20. NRAJOE

I hope they never find a reason to take those kind of rifles from ya Mick! Do you have an equivalent of the National Rifle Association in Australia?