close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Not Much Warning Or Explaination

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by bgl0b6, Mar 16, 2002.

1. bgl0b6

bgl0b6 G&G Newbie

Not any explaination of switch over,nor pre-warning,I hope many of the new people catch on here before we loose them.....

2. Tony @ WCG

Tony @ WCG G&G Newbie

Ohio
    There was a major problem with the old server, Jesse had no choice but to make some changes. This format is also better and should have fewer software problems.

3. bgl0b6

bgl0b6 G&G Newbie

Im sorry,Im really not complaining,I think most of us just didn't realize it was going to happen.Also the link on the Savage listing on the old forum to bring us here was not working today......MIKE

4. Tony @ WCG

Tony @ WCG G&G Newbie

Ohio
    I think it caught us all off guard even though I talk to Jesse every couple days. In the long run this will work out much better for all of us but it will take a few days to get everyone settled in. Jesse has added more forum topics and is trying his best to make this the best firearm site available.

5. Double D

Double D G&G Newbie

SOCAL
    I love the new format. It's more like the Marlin talk site which is the best around IMHO, this is getting really close however na d the speed of this site is fantastic. Must be using 2.2Ghz Pentium 4s or Xeons!

6. The change was a big surprise for me. I just upgraded to Windows 2000 and I've not been on the board since early January. I have yet to find my way around. With the upgrade and MS's srevices packs and all the problems I figured this was a text only browser, but every other site was HTML!

Oz

7. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

That change-over was four years ago . . . :eek:

Welcome back!! :cheer: