Note to Obama - Guns are good for business

Discussion in 'Firearm Related News' started by GGReporter, May 24, 2008.

1. GGReporter

GGReporter Moderator

A Missouri car dealer has a message for Democratic presidential frontrunner Barack Obama: Midwesterners love their guns.

More...

2. Thats awesome... although, knowing Obama, he'll just say (as most elitists do) that we do not know what is best for us and need to be told what to do.

Stop trampling on our rights Obama... we "cling" to our guns because of people like you.

3. There's that buzzword 'elitist' again. When did everyone get together and decide to start throwing it around?

4. Sport717

Sport717 G&G Newbie

GUNS ARE GOOD

Guns are Good!!!!, If any one ( even the Government ) thinks they are going to take away our guns,not only are they full of #^%%, they can have mine when they pry it from my cold dead hands. PS. Everyone needs to take a look at the web site--- Frontsite.com and sign up for the gun reports.

5. fireguy86

fireguy86 G&G Newbie

I wish more people would do that! I would buy a car every week if I could!

6. okay, okay... no more "elitist". Maybe we should refer to them as "limousine liberals" instead?

7. Naw Larry, that is too long for us one finger typers. Elitist is quicker. (more correct also)

8. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

How about the old fashioned term,"gun grabbers"?
    Oops,I hope I didn't overstep,but then I did'nt start this thread.:unitedstates::biglaugh:

9. Yeah that has kind of got my area in a bit of an uproar. Some people are all about it, and other people think its wrong. I personally don't care how someone promotes their business. It also is not a free gun, it is a credit for $250 at the local gun shop by the car dealership. So, depending on that gun shop's prices depends on how good of a deal it really is. You can also opt for a gas card, and last I heard in our local news only 2 people have gone for the gas card so far and everyone else the credit at the gun store.

I am not really in the market of getting a new car any time soon so I am going to pass this one up. It would be dumb for me to acquire even more debt right now.

10. If I were in the area and in the market for a new car, I'd go for the deal. Partly to get the gun, and partly to P.O. the anti-gun people.

No...not the "liberals;" the anti-gun people. All liberals aren't anti-gun, any more than all liberals are anti-nuclear power, or members of PETA, or anti-military, or any other little piece of broad-brushing some folks like to do.

Too many conservatives slap a liberal label on everything they don't like, then assume anyone who's guilty of one of them is guilty of all of them.

11. ... it depends on which of the two Liberal camps you belong to. You (Troy2k) belong to the one who believes in the 2nd Amendment while the other Liberal camp wants to get rid of it. There are two sides to this in Liberalism.

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]I couldn't resist... it was too funny !

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Why We Liberals Don't Like
    GUNS
    [/FONT]

[​IMG]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]by
    Ken Mondschein[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]"Fun With the Second Amendment," even though we thought it was a pretty moderate sort of piece, generated a shitstorm of controversy. Our inbox rapidly filled up with people telling us just how America's eternal freedom depends on their collection of functional howitzers. Therefore, instead of writing incompetent opinions on constitutional law (here's a very good one, if you'd like to read it), we thought we should explain what we're about.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]And so, in the spirit of democracy, we present to you the following authoritative list of Why We Liberals Don't Like Guns.[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]1. We're Afraid of Loud Noises[/FONT]
    [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]We liberals are vegetarians, and, like most herbivores, we are easily startled by loud noises caused by things like guns, pickup trucks, and Ted Nugent. This brings us to the fact that. . .[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]2. We Don't Hunt[/FONT]
    [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Tofu doesn't run away, and the biggest animals in my neighborhood are the subway rats. Besides which, since we believe so strongly in animal rights, it goes without saying that deer have as much right to live and be free and run for Congress as people do. Also, the thing about guns is that. . .[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]3. Bullets Come Out of Them[/FONT]
    [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]And bullets can poke your eye out, which is what Mom always said what would happen if we played with BB guns. Speaking of which. . .[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]4. We Know About As Much About Them As We Do About Fixing a '56 Chevy[/FONT]
    [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Face it: Most liberals, being city-dwelling pansies, have never actually shot a firearm. (I have. Twice. Once was black powder, which involved the distinct possibility of blowing myself up.) However, even with my limited experience in shooting, I quickly discovered that. . .[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]5. We Liberals Are Really, Really Nearsighted and Clumsy[/FONT]
    [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Most liberals, including Yours Truly, wear really, really thick nerd glasses and are secretly afraid we'd be really lousy shots. Also. . .[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]6. Shooting Involves Being Outdoors[/FONT]
    [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]We'd rather stay in and read Noam Chomsky and write letters to the Village Voice and work on our pasty complexions. However, no matter how liberal we are, one of the things about guns that scares us is. . .[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]7. We're Afraid Negroes Might Use Them Against Us[/FONT]
    [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]As much as we may decry any and all racism, most liberals can't name, off the top of their head, the last time they actually hung out with a black person. The hypocrisy inherent in this issue is worth a whole story, except that I'd get branded a racist and no one would ever talk to me again.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Also, it goes without saying that. . .[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]8. We Really Wish We Were European[/FONT]
    [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Because we heard that European women are easy. However, you're not allowed to have guns in Europe. Speaking of Europe. . .[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]9. We Are Trying To Make You All Into Homosexuals[/FONT]
    [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]And that AR-15 just doesn't go with that handbag, girlfriend. Come to think of men in uniform. . .[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]10. We Haven't Had Any Really Good Wars Recently[/FONT]
    [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]There are two wars we liberals really wish we'd been around for. The first is World War II, because, to judge by how we always compare everyone to Fascists, we would have loved to help defeat the Nazis (but not the Japanese, because, Pearl Harbor notwithstanding, they were the victims of racism).[/FONT]
    [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]The second war we wish we'd been around for is Vietnam, but only to protest it, because nothing will ever again be as cool as the 1960s were. Also, we hear protesting the war got you laid.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Which brings us to. . .[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]11. We Like to Legislate[/FONT]
    [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]The liberal solution to a problem is to pass more laws. Only by constantly holding the threat of getting sued over everyone's head all the time can we create a just society. After all, people are inherently good and fair-minded, and that's why we need more laws to make them behave. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Actually, the real reason that we legislate so much is. . .[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]12. We're Trying To Install A UN-Led Zionist Occupation Government[/FONT]
    [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]We're Jewish, we're trying to take over, and only you and your .22 stand between us and complete world domination![/FONT]
    [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]In fact, the Jewish lust for power brings up another fear. . .[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]13. We're Secretly Afraid We Might Shoot Someone[/FONT]
    [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]No! No! Bad thought! After all. . .[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]14. When I Was Just a Baby, My Momma Told Me, "Son, Always be a Good Boy, Don't Ever Play with Guns"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]But I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Of course, it's obvious that the cause of gun crime isn't guns; it's the fact that we live in a society where the poorest people are crammed into crummy inner-city neighborhoods and people get so fed up with all the bureaucratic bullshit they flip out on bullet-shooting sprees. Take away the guns, and they'll probably just go on thumbtack-and-Bic-pen-stabbing sprees.[/FONT]

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  12. That was !@#$ funny, no matter which camp you're in.:09:

"thumbtack-and-Bic-pen-stabbing sprees?" Sounds like London...

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  13. Larry,
    Very good mornin chuckle.

14. I have a friend, who is very smart and cool, but she is a total bleeding heart left wing hippy. I don't have a problem with that, but she hates the fact that I own guns. I told her it was my right and we got into a conversation about it. I may be liberal in my views but I disagree with a lot of the left wingers, just like I disagree with most of the right wingers.

I get her point as well. Her point was dumb people shouldn't own guns, and I agreed with her but I just don't think there is a way to test that. I know of someone who keeps guns in his house all over the place, loaded ones. Under the couch, in the kitchen drawer, in the bedroom, in the hallway closet, so on and so forth. The guy must be super paranoid because there is a loaded gun just about every 8 steps in his house. To me that is just ridiculous and unsafe.

So, really it goes both ways. The bad gun owners give all of us a bad name, and the bad gun owners are really few and far between in my opinion. Just like every baby killing, peta card carrying member, bra burning, hippy, left wing liberal gives every other liberal a bad name.

What we need is some level minded logical, no BS informational propaganda (for lack of a better word) that clearly explains and shows data that says in black and white, guns are not the only factor or issue with crime, and in fact most gun related crimes the firearm was acquired illegally or stolen. However, for it to appeal to everyone you need to show all sides of the argument, and then you very tactfully start to debunk the outrageous ones and limit the power of the extremely stretched ones on each side to show what is really going on.

15. fireguy86

fireguy86 G&G Newbie

that is where the line is drawn tlarkin. Left wing is very different from liberal.

16. Actually, it goes even further. I have extreme left wing friends that are like anarchists and believe in no form of government at all (or at least an extreme minimum with very little power) and they are completely different than what you would think a "liberal" is.

They don't think there should really be any laws besides the ones that hurt other citizens. They believe everyone should own lots of guns too, because the government and military do.

So, really even the left wing people are in way different sides of the spectrum on different things.

17. What is a right wing person?
    What is a left wing person?
    No, I am serious, what do YOU think they are.
    I am not trying to be smart or anything like that. I am just puzzled.:34:

18. They are labels, that label people's beliefs based on what is conservative and what is liberal, come on you already know this.

19. "Actually, it goes even further. I have extreme left wing friends that are like anarchists and believe in no form of government at all (or at least an extreme minimum with very little power) and they are completely different than what you would think a "liberal" is."

This is what confused me.
    How can they be considered "left wing" if think like that? To me that is extreme "right wing". Boy, do I hate labels too. Mainly because I don't really know what they mean.

20. Liberals want less laws and less government (in theory) and extreme liberals want no government, or a government that has very little power. You don't see people associating anarchy with the right wing or the conservative party.

The labels do hold a shred of truth (shred being the key word there) and that is why they were used, but unfortunately they have been blown out of proportion (on every side) so much they are pretty much meaningless and more used as a way of name calling than anything.

You can thank those guys who give you the news, but aren't "news casters" and toss those labels out like it is going out of style.