now China? !!!

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Girlgun, May 13, 2008.

1. Girlgun

Girlgun G&G Newbie

First the cyclone in Burma. Now the earthquake in China? Estimates of 12,000 dead, not including whole cities that have yet to report... wth! Is it me or does it seem like disasters are a daily occurence on this poor planet?
    (please feel free to correct that number, anyone; I heard it on a local news station)

2. Midas

Midas Chief Troll B' Gone Forum Contributor

Wonderful world we live in, ain't it?

3. mitch_mckee

mitch_mckee Guest

It's always been this way but with 24/7 news we the race is on to report as quickly as possible. I bet 30 years ago the Burma storm would have made 45 seconds on the 6:00 news.

4. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

30 years ago, we'd have learned of the Burma event about two years later.

The funny thing is the news nerds whining about "Why don't they trust us to come in and help!?" "Why won't they rush to help their own people!?"

Hey - they are a COMMUNIST regime, with an Elitist leader with an Emperial delusion. :eek:wned2:

The Western World will step up, and send aid - whether it can get to the people is another question.

5. Windwalker

Windwalker G&G Newbie

If the Regime refuses to receive our aid, bring it back home and distribute it to our needy and hungry here in America.

6. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
  7. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Number one, Windwalker! We have enough of our own troubles, yet they never make the news. What about our folks, who get just as hurt, who DON'T get help from other nations? Why is that? Why can't we help our own people? Why.....

8. +1 ^ China has enough money to take care of their own problems. If you lived next to Bill Gates and his house burned down would you write him a check? I think we should send flowers and say sorry for your loss and leave it at that. What are we going to do buy the products from them and then give them back to them in the form of aid?

9. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Some would call us hardhearted, Jim. But I know of all kinds of disasters here, that never get the call for aid! And how about the rest of the world, do they ever ask if WE need help?

10. Marine1

Marine1 Guest

I think we can find many answers to this and other strange events, which are occuring.... in the "Book of Revelations".

11. Just think, it's going to get worse. Imagine things like this planet wide and then add disease and hunger and whatever else to it all.

12. Looks like were are in the last days to me, we'll see.

13. mitch_mckee

mitch_mckee Guest

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Most of the news is designed, not to inform, but to control people. The constant din is designed to wear people down.

It just took about a day for Al Gore to declare the Burma disaster "global warming related." He probably got a few more to jump onto his bandwagon of idiots.

14. Coming soon anyhow huh A.H.? I'm thinking it anyhow. Too much killing and crazy you know what going on them there's all these natural disasters. A lot of tornadoes in the U.S lately, then the cyclone in Burma and then the earthquake in China. Gee, wonder what, where and or who is next? lol

15. mitch_mckee

mitch_mckee Guest

What, again?

16. oldjarhead

oldjarhead G&G Evangelist

MO
    Perhaps God is a little miffed.

17. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

Maybe so, but let's all not forget information travels much faster than when we were younger. We hear and see more of what's going on at any given time than anytime in our past. If you contrast what you have available now vice 1970, it'd be pretty striking. This information is also manipulated sometimes.

18. O.K listen up ! I didn't say when the end would be, but take it to the bank.
    There are signs of it's comeing.
    Now let me tell you, you better get ready.
    My Bibles says when you see all these signs that this Generation will not pass away until all these signs are fulfilled.

What are the signs ? Read Matthew 24th Chapter for starters. Then come back and give me a hard time...A.H

19. mitch_mckee

mitch_mckee Guest

My only point is that just about every generation for the last two thousand years has predicted the end of the world is at hand.

So far, nope.

Lord Budda thought things go on forever in one form or another. I guess he could be wrong, but he's a **** sight more positive than hell fire and brimstone.

I mean, really, things have been far, far worse.

20. I agree with you many people thought the end was comeing during WW 1 and WW 2.
    Read what I asked you to read please...Theres other things happening today that are in the Bible.