Now Illegal to purchase ammunition online in CA

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by iareConfusE, May 30, 2008.

1. iareConfusE

iareConfusE Guest

NRA-ILA :: Legislation

Also Illegal to purchase more than 50 rounds per month...

What is happening to this state....? I need to get out of here quick.

2. tlarkin

tlarkin Guest

It still has to pass the senate before it gets approved. In KS the house just passed it was legal for citizens to own fully automatic weapons, however the senate has yet to pass it to make it an actual bill. 2/3 of our government need to pass something for it to become a legal reality.

Either way though, I think you all need to vote some people out of office.

3. ... or get the FlocK out of California. Unbelievable...

4. iareConfusE

iareConfusE Guest

Well thats just the problem, to me, it seems that most of California is pretty anti-gun anyways, and they would enjoy this law. I just need to get the hell out of this commie state.

5. As I said before, one small step.................................towards the UK!!!

6. Windwalker

Windwalker G&G Newbie

iareconfusE, I would be looking to move out of California. Looks like the gun-grabbers and nanny staters have the votes to pass what they want there so maybe all the gun owners will move out and go to gun friendly states. Then watch the crime rates rise in Ca. for the criminals feel much safer stealing, robbing, raping, and murdering where the honest people have been disarmed.

7. How can it be legal to limit the amount of ammo a person buys. Last time a checked it was a free country and we have a open capitalist system of commerce.

8. tlarkin

tlarkin Guest

It isn't illegal yet guys. Don't jump the shark just yet. It has to be passed by 2/3 of our government. If any of you paid attention to all the stupid laws that try to get passed and failed you will see this happens all the time, and not just with guns.

9. iareConfusE

iareConfusE Guest

I'm hoping to move out of CA once I finish college.

Also, tlarkin, I know it hasn't been passed yet, but who knows, what if it does... We don't know what goes through their heads when they're deciding whether or not to pass it.

10. If that gets through New Jersey will try it. I wish South Jersey would seceed from North Jersey. We have more guns in South Jersey, just let those no good liberal POCs try sumtin

11. oldjarhead

oldjarhead G&G Evangelist

MO
    Wouldn't that be like the pot calling the kettle black? I mean...if all the honest people left California, all that would be left are criminals and since there's honor among thieves they could not honorably commit crimes against each other; therefore the crime rate would reduce to zero, there would be no useable economy left in a bankrupt state and all the former bad guys would starve, die, dry up, and blow away. Then the '49's could go back, re-settle, and form a new law-abiding state.
    Problem solved !

12. tlarkin

tlarkin Guest

You should be a science fiction writer!

13. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    Here's an idea: if California wants to secede from the Union, we let them go. We give the new Peoples Republic of California a year for the criminal element to conquer the place due to the citizens bein diarmed, then the US intervenes and reannexes it. If the criminal element gets killed off in the process, too bad.

This would have the side effect of getting two dangerous lunatics out of the House and the Senate respectively. Pelosi couldn't be Speaker of the House if her state seceded and took the Peoples Democratic City-State of San Francisco with it; and Dianne Feinstein likewise would be out of the Senate because we don't allow citizens of foreign nations to sit as Senators. And even when the place was reannexed, it would be as a territory, not a state. Territories aren't entitled to voting representatives or voting senators.

If we want to retain the 50 star flag, we just allow South Jersey to secede from Mafiosistan - excuse me, I meant Nort' Joisey.

Tongue's firmly in cheek here. I doubt like the mischief that the California State Senate will allow anything this bat-brained to pass, or that the Gubenator would sign it. But I've been wrong before.

14. tlarkin

tlarkin Guest

This is nothing new guys, like I have been saying. A lot of states won't let you buy liquor online. Thank god MO does though, because you can get some top shelf liquor cheaper directly online. Bought me a bottle of 12yr Jameson for only 34.96 online. That is **** cheap!

A lot of states try to pass all kinds of dumb laws. This won't pass and if it does then if you leave you can no longer vote against those people. You are better off being a part of the system to change the system.

15. why would you live in such a shi+ty place.

Last edited: May 30, 2008
  16. FS00008

FS00008 Сергей Иванович Мосин. Forum Contributor

KR, it was an economic decision. Plus I wanted to be closer to my family. I'm missing Georgia more and more every day however. You know I can't even find "sweet" tea here. I asked for it in a restaurant and they gave me Iced Tea and two sugar packets...

I also got looked at funny.

Also! They can't even do good BBQ or Chicken...

Don't get me started on the greens...

17. A little clarification here: the bill doesn't ban buying more than fifty rounds a month; it bans selling more than fifty without a special ammo vendor's license.

Which is plenty bad enough. Obviously, the idea is to drive as many companies and stores as possible out of the business of selling ammo, by creating an onerous licensing program and requiring a pile of paperwork every time a bullet gets sold, complete with thumbprint.

And there would be a three-dollar fee for every ammo transaction. That means if I run low on 7.62x54R and want to pick up a $4.99 box of twenty Czech Silvertips on my way through town, it'll cost me $7.99 instead. If I want to grab a box of fifty .22 rounds because one of my idiot sons left a brick of them home, it'll double the price.

I can't believe the idiots passed that one. I seriously doubt it'll make it through the State Senate; and I hope to God the Governator would have enough sense to veto it if it does.

I'm telling you, guys: I'm a patient man. But the other side of the Colorado River is looking better all the time...

18. Dutch

Dutch G&G Evangelist

CO
    I have my doubts that it just includes selling more then 50 Rounds Troy. The wording says something along the lines of "Transferring more then 50". That could mean buying, selling, giving away.

The whole thing is a crock anyway, I am with you on doubting it will pass. But it could happen.

Unless I am remembering an excerpt from the bill and not the bill itself...

19. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    Troy old son, if your finances and job situation permit, I seriously suggest you start looking for a new place to live in Arizona. California is becoming unfit for human residence.

20. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

Peckerwoods, all !

Stock up now.

Good time to discover handloading, Troy.....My sincere best wishes in dealing with troubled times in your state.

Plenty of room in TX !