NRA!

Discussion in 'NFA Forums' started by Michael Cox, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Michael Cox

Michael Cox G&G Regular

It is important for all Americans who love our Constitution to join the NRA. Nothing is perfect and some people do not like them but they are the defenders of our freedom. Without the 2nd Amendment there is no liberty! Join if you possibly can.

TXplt, Stickman, PAPA G and 4 others like this.
  2. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

I understand your passion and your patriotism, but I have to tell you the following:

No paid organization can defend us from our own negligence.

WE are the defenders of our FREEDOM. The Second Amendment is going to stay as long as WE choose to make it known that it is the LAW, and our RIGHT.

Without out our GUTS and DETERMINATION and INTELLIGENCE there is no LIBERTY.

The NRA can not do it for us.

Welcome to G&G!

TXplt, CountryBoy, PAPA G and 7 others like this.

3. Michael Cox

Michael Cox G&G Regular

I disagree. The NRA can organize and focus our efforts. Our forefathers were not on the whole, trained warriors. They followed George Washington, slowly became organized and galvanized to liberty. A group of survivalists living in the deep woods will not be the salvation of liberty!

4. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Where did THAT come from? If you are not willing to get past the rhetoric, and make rational points, then there is no sense in me continuing this discussion.

CountryBoy likes this.
  5. Michael Cox

Michael Cox G&G Regular

THAT came from my interpretation of your post. No harm or insult intended. There is no rhetoric. Unless you want to return to the 60's and almost no firearms rights, it seems that only the patriots who are willing to support an organization dedicated to protecting our 2nd Amendment can succeed. That is where we are today.

6. richardw

richardw G&G Evangelist

I was once a member of the NRA. I stopped paying dues when it's rhetoric went out of bounds by my standards. It spews a lot of good that I would but its polital rhetoric stops me.

CountryBoy likes this.
  7. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

Here we go again.
    Another NRA bashing thread.

No one person, or a group of people.
    Has done more good for firearm owners and shooters then the NRA.
    Most individual Americans, have become spineless, gutless and neutered. (except for most members here) And refuse to stand up for their personal freedoms, and rights. Not just solely with firearms but with all aspects of our Constitutional rights.
    Without the NRA's powerful ILA influence, lobbying and attorneys. Firearm ownership, hunting, states rights and the shooting world as we know it. Would either be extinct, or like Canada's.
    As most know I am also a member of other gun rights organizations GOA, NAGR, JPFO and others. These outstanding organizations, stick up for ALL firearm owners, not just paying members.
    The next time you hear someone breaking in your house. You will know who to thank, while you are reaching for your firearm.

rant.gif over!

8. FortyXDM

FortyXDM G&G Evangelist Staff Member

Gritz - I agree. We who are for the second amendment must have representation (STRONG representation) at the state and Federal level. Those who would take away the right to bear arms, don't visit gun sites and don't give a flip about what anyone posts. The "law" isn't good or bad....it just is. We must be adequately represented in defense of the bill of rights, or the other side takes over.
    There are some things I am not in total agreement with the NRA, but...they do fight effectively for my rights. I see it as money well spent.
    Tom

TXplt, Stickman, grizcty and 4 others like this.
  9. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

All I can say is I am a life member.

TXplt, Big Dog, Stickman and 5 others like this.
  10. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

This is NOT an NRA bashing thread!

What I said was that NO organization is a substitute for the people defending their rights.

Nowhere in that REPLY did I "bash" the NRA.

The people of this country have gotten lazy and gutless. They seem to think that they can pay someone else to take their responsibility for them. That is why we have a criminal gubmint.

11. Junction15

Junction15 G&G Evangelist

I also am a life member. There are times I don't agree with some of the NRA's action and interests. And no, the NRA is not a do all organization - it takes people with common interests to act in unison. But I would rather trust in the NRA to work on preserving my 2nd (and 1st) amendment freedoms, than I would trust the members of local, state, and federal government.
    The NRA is viewed as a thorn in the "anti's" sides but if they were not, I fear we would have lost a lot more than we have to date.

Oh, and TenMan, I did not view your comment as NRA bashing. I took it as "don't depend on others to do what you need to do for yourselves" comment.

TXplt, my1871colt45, grizcty and 3 others like this.
  12. FortyXDM

grizcty, PAPA G, austinjoe13 and 3 others like this.
  13. FortyXDM

OOPS I replied in the middle of your reply......

PAPA G and austinjoe13 like this.
  14. jwrauch

jwrauch G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Who we vote for is more important. I am an NRA member but I wonder how many NRA members vote for Demon-rats because of union affiliation or other reasons. I hear people say all the time they vote for the man>>> how can you trust a man who supports all the idiotic and immoral platform planks of the demonratic party. One of the problems now, though, is the republicrats aren't much better !!!

TXplt, mdj696, grizcty and 2 others like this.
  15. 63B20

63B20 G&G Evangelist

Montana
    If you do not like what the NRA stands for become a voting member and vote to change it and yes I am a voting member.

grizcty, PAPA G, FortyXDM and 2 others like this.
  16. Michael Cox

Michael Cox G&G Regular

Solon of Athens taught over 2,000 years ago that nothing is perfect and that mutual cooperation is necessary for success. The NRA has done super things over the years. It has gone though phases of being better and worse but it has always adhered to its goal of protecting the 2nd Amendment. A strong, expansive membership of American patriots is necessary to support their work. Nitpicking never serves a positive purpose.

17. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

People complain about the NRA, but don't they realize that when democraps and others pushing for gun restrictions. they always complain about the NRA...The thousand pound gorilla in the room!:usa2::);):cool::D

TXplt, jwrauch, FortyXDM and 2 others like this.
  18. FortyXDM

"I VOTE FOR THE BEST MAN" is code. It means I vote 'my' party line.

jwrauch likes this.
  19. TINCANBANDIT

TINCANBANDIT G&G Enthusiast

Jet City

+10000

I give away memberships at Christmas, been doing so for years

Those gun owners that poo poo the gun lobby need to consider this. The NRA has 5 million members, yet there are 80+ million gun owners.
    The left already complains about the power the NRA wields, imagine if the NRA had 80 million members? We would not need to worry about the likes of Schumer and Frankenstien.

grizcty, FortyXDM and Stickman like this.
  20. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

My signature line should explain my position on this topic.

Capt'n Mil Coll, grizcty and Stickman like this.