close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

NRA!

Discussion in 'NFA Forums' started by Michael Cox, Sep 15, 2017.

1. I am going to rejoin.
    First I have to have money....

2. I don't love everything about the nra.
    But it's the biggest stick we got

TXplt, neophyte, FortyXDM and 2 others like this.

3. FortyXDM

FortyXDM G&G Evangelist Staff Member

Walk softly and carry a big magnum..I always say.
    :)

Stickman, PAPA G, neophyte and 2 others like this.
  4. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Big ditto!

Stickman, PAPA G and grizcty like this.
  5. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

Howdy,
    I was not saying you Ten Man, personally was bashing the NRA.
    The majority of time when a pro NRA thread is started. Folks come out of the woodwork, just to bash and condemn them. As firearm owners, we need to stick to our guns, and have every owner in the fight to defend our rights. both individually and as members of pro gun right groups. When I replied, I was trying to nip the whiny snivelers in the butt, before it started.

Ok,
    I am off my angrysoapbox.gif . (for now) :D

6. If you not a part of the solution you're a part of the problem. That's what NRA knockers need to hear.

The NRA might be the ONLY stick you've got one day. The SSAA was all we had and while people have called it a toothless tiger it's kept us in there.

People don't always realize that teeth don't always win the fight.

You can run into a bank wearing a mask and get a handful of money.

You can walk in wearing a suit and tie and take it all.

Stickman, TXplt, PAPA G and 2 others like this.
  7. CountryBoy

CountryBoy G&G Evangelist

I am a disgruntled MEMBER. I am a member because I do think they do us some good. For a NON- Profit they seem to have a long list of officers and vp's and such. I see a lot of big salaries there and I think they spend our money just about like the federal government, like there is an endless supply. I will continue paying dues as will I continue being disgruntled about it. I am a paying member therefore I do have a right to complain. It is my money they are spending or wasting. I work hard for my money and don't have a say so in being forced to pay taxes. Yet I give by my choice to the NBA just to watch them freely spend and continue asking for more.

8. Sav .250

Sav .250 G&G Evangelist

Hard to find any organization you don`t have a problem with from time to time.................

An NRA member.

Stickman, Big Dog and TXplt like this.
  9. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

Life member and so are several family members.

Like has been said it has been a steady champion and the biggest stick in the room.

BUT

Like any other organization they have a life cycle and sometimes make bad decisions.

At present they need to be pressing for suppressor reform and CC reciprocity--and STOP being on the defensive and caving in.

You don't have to confront every problem with a stick, but it's ALSO the biggest voice to get the truth out. Rather than throw some device under the bus and open the tent for the camel, they need to be on the offensive with the truth. Funny thing is most of America is supporting them; it's a relatively small minority parroting the leftist whines at this point--most folks post Las Vegas were concerned with how do I protect me and my family and NOT going after some device. They get it and understand the parrots of the left.

As such, we need to make clear our extreme displeasure with the cave in and have the leadership understand it won't be tolerated moving forward. Frankly it baffles me, but I do understand how politics works and now they will have to backtrack when faced with the onslaught of REAL gun control legislation evolving from buying into the leftist argument in the first place.

It's easy to criticize and hard to build, but strong leadership takes a coherent position to begin with. And that's what we need moving forward.

blaster likes this.
  10. Stickman

Stickman Less well known member Forum Contributor

Yakima
    My wife and I are both life members. I figure that if the left considers the NRA to be such a dangerous enemy they are doing the right things.

While I don't always agree with everything they do, the NRA is still the most organized and effective group we have.

TXplt and Big Dog like this.
  11. FortyXDM

FortyXDM G&G Evangelist Staff Member

Quote: "I see a lot of big salaries there and I think they spend our money just about like the federal government, like there is an endless supply. I will continue paying dues as will I continue being disgruntled about it. I am a paying member therefore I do have a right to complain. It is my money they are spending or wasting. I work hard for my money and don't have a say so in being forced to pay taxes."

There are indeed some large salaries. Talented people earn money. If I need an attorney, I am not going to look for some derelict who barely earns enough to keep a shingle hung. Nor do I look for investment advice from a guy wearing a Don Ho shirt. I WANT my investment guy, attorney, CPA, or anyone I hire for their "talent", to drive a big car, live in a big house, and be able to help Me with their talent. I don't want the pilot flying me to London to be a guy 'just getting by'. I have only one voice in the halls of congress and state politics. I want them to be high earners.

Stickman likes this.