NY pistol permit info goes online

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by homerfire232, Aug 13, 2010.

1. CrazyIvan

CrazyIvan G&G Enthusiast

Under Obama-Care, there will probably be a government database full of patient information.

How long before lists of Cancer Patients, AIDS patients, Drug Addicts, Alchoholics, etc... are released under "Freedom of Information" ???

This is WHY we must try to keep things out of the government's hands.

Thank God, for now, that here in Colorado, for 1, we do not need to register our firearms or get permits to purchase or own them. The government can not keep (publicly anyway) databases of who owns firearms. They DO keep a listing of CCW holders, of course.

I think this is horrible, but that is what happens when you let the government get into your life. So, the only answer is to keep them out of your life if you can. DON'T let them pass laws that give them ANYMORE control.

2. homerfire232

homerfire232 G&G Newbie

Right to privacy?

The Right To Privacy
    The Constitution does not specifically mention a right to privacy. However, Supreme Court decisions over the years have established that the right to privacy is a basic human right, and as such is protected by virtue of the 9th Amendment. The right to privacy has come to the public's attention via several controversial Supreme Court rulings, including several dealing with contraception (the Griswold and Eisenstadt cases), interracial marriage (the Loving case), and abortion (the well-known Roe v Wade case). In addition, it is said that a right to privacy is inherent in many of the amendments in the Bill of Rights, such as the 3rd, the 4th's search and seizure limits, and the 5th's self-incrimination limit.

3. honestly if the government is paying for you cause your a broke SOB, i dont think patient confidentiality should apply

as far as the pistol permits go, in new york, only the people in high places are allowed them, still they shouldnt give out that information, new york sucks it seems

4. CrazyIvan

CrazyIvan G&G Enthusiast

Under Obama Care, you would be required to purchase and pay for a Government HMO. And, on top of that, you are paying it through taxes. So, I don't think they are giving you anything. The government NEVER gives you anything.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  5. ohh i know that, i mean like it is now

i hate obamacare

im thinking though if some jerk on welfare cant afford something and gets it anyway, as it is now anyone should be able to look it up

6. .22hustler

.22hustler G&G Evangelist

Sometimes, when you're broke, it's not your fault or cause. In either case, you're not a SOB....Also, in NY, it's not just people in high places who have a CCW. My wife has her CCW, and owns 4 pistols; 2 9mm's, a .32, and a .380.As long as you can pass your background check, it's easy to get a CCW, at least in my county.From purchase, to firing your pistol, it takes about 2-3 weeks, IN MY COUNTY.

7. there is a difference between medical procedures and having to have the state pay for someone because of their poor lifestyle choices

and by new york, i mean NYC

8. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

9. DaTeacha

DaTeacha Things are not what they seem. Forum Contributor

Yeah, it's too bad that the whole state gets a bum rap for what The City does.

As for the posting of who has a permit, maybe they should do it the other way around and post signs in the yards or on the bumpers of all those who DON"T carry. That would make it safer for the thugs to go about earning their living by making sure they would know who to victimize.

This was an issue here a while ago and it was determined that the information should be available to law enforcement personnel, but was not to be published for many of the reasons given in the link.

10. SUBMOA

SUBMOA G&G Evangelist

personally I think the whole notion that in order to carry, something that is your right to do so , you have to pay for a permit is wrong. And then they are basically going to tell any and all for the looking who is on this list of people that own firearms. It makes people who are trying to protect themselves, their family,& property targets to the people that would take advantage of this knowladge. If you became a victim because of this information being made public, I would think that those that made the information public would share a liability in the offense to the victim/s.