Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday Morning Me and My Friend Madness
Went for a Fallow Deer Hunt i had a doe and a yearling on the deck by 8am.

My friend got an old crappy 13 point Buck later in the afternoon.

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
Good going Muznz beautifully Deer.Do you hunt Boar over Dogs?I keep in contact with some mates in New Zealand who are die-hard Boar hunters.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you hunt Boar over Dogs?I keep in contact with some mates in New Zealand who are die-hard Boar hunters.
Yes i pig hunt with friends over dogs where i can use a quad bike use quad due to walking problems.

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,575 Posts
good deal. Looking forward to deer season here. Drew a tag for a county with some of the biggest deer in the state. See if we get lucky.

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
Muznz,I'm temped to save a few checks and fly down to New Zealand.I'm to old now to keep up with the Boar hunt over Dogs.But just being at the hunt,seeing the Dogs work,and hanging out with the mates,would make the trip worthwhile!

·
Premium Member
30,668 Posts
Those shallow deer sure are strange looking.
you have shown me a few photo's of those hollow deer and i still cant get over the size of them.
how much do they weigh on average?

·
Premium Member
30,668 Posts
70 -80 lbs.? they look tiny

but im used to seeing elk on the way to work daily that are taller than horses

from the pics it looks like they feed mostly on that lush grass. i bet they taste great

·
Registered
52 Posts
:scool:Spit roast those suckers Muz you know you want to I might drop in later :09:

Fallow deer are beautiful deer great to hunt and plentiful in places around New Zealand including near where Muz lives. They are small deer but very good eating.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts