close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

O/U Shotguns...

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Cyclops, Aug 8, 2002.

1. Cyclops

Cyclops G&G Newbie

Would like to supplement my semi auto shotgun w/ an O/U. don't know much about them tho. A made in Italy Verona is currently on sale locally for $750. Is this a good deal? Are these good guns?

By the way, my intended use for these guns is for Trap & Skeet.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2002
  2. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Not sure about the Italian models, If you want to go American, Reminton has a new one of an old version out. Rugers are good. The browing line is a good player as well.

3. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

I own a Beretta model 685 L. Excellent gun. Don't know about the Verona's though.

4. Cyclops

Cyclops G&G Newbie

Sure, I've shot a Beretta & a Ruger o/u, but could I find a new one for $750?

5. dave375hh

dave375hh G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Ohio
    cyclops,

If $750 is the budget, you'd be much better served with a good used brand name(Beretta, Brng, Win, Miruku, SKB, Weatherby). I don't know the Verona's but I know hundreds of trap & skeet shooters and none of them shoot Verona's. IMHO a good used higher quality O/U would easily outlast any of the entry level O/U's out there. Careful shopping will get you a better gun for the same money. It just won't be in a new box.

6. The Rock

The Rock G&G Newbie

It is a good gun for the money and it all depends what you use it for. Hunting should be fine something more demanding like trap or skeet with the number of rounds fired not sure how they hold up. The wood is nothing to brag about and the fit is good quality on the ones I have seen.

The Rock