Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obama has long backed gun-control measures, including a ban on semiautomatic weapons and concealed weapons, and a limit on handgun purchases to one a month. He has declined to take a stance on the legality of the handgun prohibition in Washington, D.C., which the U.S. Supreme Court is reviewing, although Obama has voiced support for the right of state and local governments to regulate guns.

More...

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,583 Posts
Obama has long backed gun-control measures, including a ban on semiautomatic weapons and concealed weapons, and a limit on handgun purchases to one a month. He has declined to take a stance on the legality of the handgun prohibition in Washington, D.C., which the U.S. Supreme Court is reviewing, although Obama has voiced support for the right of state and local governments to regulate guns.

More...

A leopard doesn't change its spots. Obama's anit-gun, pure and simple. He must have some type of great rationalization ability, though, being a "constitutional" lawyer and all.

Telling us anything we want to hear.......Prostitutes to power.

At least with a real prostitute you know what you're getting (i've heard....) ;)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Here in Illinois on the local TV stations, there's been lots of coverage and interviews of his fellow legislators in the IL congress. The overall message, to lump them in to a big generalization, is that he's NEVER done, nor introduced anything, significant during his tenure. And as was said above, a leopard can't change its spots.

He's a speech-maker, pure and simple. But there's a cult-like following among his supporters, and Hillary has put the proverbial shoe in her mouth probably one too many times to make a successful turnaround.

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,583 Posts
You know, that's an excellent way to put it: "He's a speech-maker, pure and simple."

+1 to that.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,216 Posts
He believes that no one has the right to CCW....piece of shite....

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,358 Posts
It's dawned on him that all electoral votes matter, and that in a lot of states there are lots of gun owners, most of whom vote in every election; and those votes could make a difference between carrying a state, or not. But with the availability of information on a candidate's voting record much sooner, much farther back and with much greater transparency than was possible even as recently as 2000, Barack Obama has to be four kinds of idiot if he thinks he's going to be able to fool America's firearms community into believing he's a friend of the Second Amendment and firearms ownership. I would have more respect for him if he came out and said, "The Second Amendment says we have the right to own guns, but it doesn't say that right is unlimited," or some other typical Brady Bunch logorrhea. At least then we'd know he had convictions, even if wrong-headed ones, instead of just political postions!

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,312 Posts
I've said before and will say again -

I saw and heard him directly state on nationwide TV - "What do I have to say to make you vote for me?"

He will SAY anything to get a vote - he's a snake.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Big Dog, I gather quite the same from that quote. His statement, "What do I have to say" sounds strangely alike to "what do you want to hear?"

I want a person of conviction, not a story teller.

·
Registered
22 Posts
"He will SAY anything to get a vote - he's a snake."

And that differs from the other two candidates in what way?

Once again we’re forced to pick the lesser of evils. Out of 300 million people this is the best we can come up with as a nation?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Out of 300 million people this is the best we can come up with as a nation?
Unfortunately, the person that would make the best president is poor, and not connected with the rich & powerful elite.

Which makes it a no-brainer why they'd be the best choice. :)

·
Banned
4,449 Posts
A leopard doesn't change its spots. Obama's anit-gun, pure and simple. He must have some type of great rationalization ability, though, being a "constitutional" lawyer and all.

Telling us anything we want to hear.......Prostitutes to power.

At least with a real prostitute you know what you're getting (i've heard....) ;)

wow are you for real? Your logic is flawed though. Anyone at any time can change their views or minds and since gun laws have made a shift to the state level and it seems to keep everyone happy I think Obama sees that. CA gets its conservative gun laws with all the yuppies and MO gets liberal gun laws with all the ********. It works.

Also, to your logic the candidate you are most likely to vote for voted against Martin Luther King Jr day, as a national holiday. Therefore, he must be a bigot and not an advocate for civil rights. Since Leopards can never change their spots that is.

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,583 Posts
I assure you, sir, I'm very much for real. I'm not saying someone can't change their mind on an issue given logic and a good argument (Obama hasn't by the way). I AM saying that someone who is a "speech maker" or lacks principle and conviction (or speaks lies or tells half-truths) DOESN'T change (at least not overnight). Character and values in an individual DON'T involve telling me what I want to hear--they involve telling the truth. These character traits are developed in a person, and I do not personally believe Mr. Obama possesses them. Evasion isn't part of the equation. By the way, voting against MLK day does NOT make one a bigot or racist. An individual is more than free to believe there are more deserving candidates (of any color or racial background) for a national holiday, or that we have enough national holidays. There's absolutely nothing wrong with this.

If you're in any way fooled by Obama on the 2A issue, I really can't say anything nice about your intelligence level, so I'll say nothing at all.

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,583 Posts
Voting against MLK day has nothing, in my book, to do with bigotry (ref. previous post); thus, I failed to see your irony. Still do.

·
Banned
4,449 Posts
Irony is where you take two things and compare them as the same thing, but they are really opposites, which makes it ironic.

Thus, me saying McCain was a bigot was ironic, and not likely the case. I was just pointing out your logic is flawed, and I think, regardless of what Obama says on the 2nd you won't ever vote for him because of your bias against the Dem party.

While, I have to admit, McCain is not all that bad, especially compared to the Bushites, a few things worry me about him. My major issues for this next campaign are the war in the middle east, and getting our troops the hell out of there and not going into Iran. McCain is totally pro that, and that is a major issue for me. The other thing that I don't like is that they are tossing the idea of putting Condi up for VP, which I am totally against her and her bold faced lies.

If McCain changed his view on the war in the middle east, which is totally hurting our economy, then I may reconsider him as a candidate.

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,583 Posts
I have no bias whatsoever against the Democratic party -- if they'd field a candidate worth a damn, I'd not hesitate to vote for him/her in a heartbeat.

I do have bias against where many of the Dems stand on issues that I believe hurt (and continue to do so) our country. If you look toward absolutely stupid gun control legislation across the nation, I'd challenge you to find some that wasn't introduced with a "D" in the individual's party. This includes microstamping, ballistic fingerprinting (which DON'T work), one gun a month, criminalizing gun owners, circumventing preemption (look at Philly) etc. Don't take my word for it--go to the NRA website and look at the legislation and its sponsors. Not that there aren't sometimes also "R's"; the vast majority are "D" -- this is a fact. I also have bias against dishonesty, lying about global warming, targeting THINGS (not actions), believing government can solve all our economic problems, unilaterally disarming in a hostile world, NOT developing our energy sources right here at home, banning light bulbs (and other tripe), CAFE standards vice BUILDING electric cars, "Universal Health Care (as a buzzword with absolutely no way to PAY for it), Economic policies that build government and ensure American jobs will go overseas, Regulation without end, etc. For me it's the ISSUES that create bias, Republican OR Democrat. I'm not a glowing fan of Mr. McCain either; I do believe as far as gun control goes he's orders of magnitude better than hillary or obama (whom I believe are outright gun banners, would they have their way). I also personally believe Mr. McCain to be more truthful than either hillary or obama, and of more substance. That is my opinion.

And, by the way, I do not trust obama at all to be in any way pro 2A. This is because of his demonstrated stand anti-2A. I'm not going to "blindly trust" words coming out of his mouth trying to appease people and get votes.

You see, this has NOTHING to do with a bias against the dems, just where they have demonstrated themselves standing (or not) on the issues.

That's it.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
yes that is a good way to put it but i could see him getting impeached so it would be more like the secend mouse getting the cheese.

·
Registered
935 Posts
It appears (to me) that, once again, we are going to be given the choice of taking the lesser of two evils. This is getting to be a recurring problem. But, all one has to do is look at the voting records of each one of them and it will become obvious who is and is not pro 2A. In the end, I think we are looking at the loss of a nation, if things do not make a drastic change in Washington DC.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts