Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The press is finally starting to notice Barack Obama's problem with gun owners. Politico notes that Obama served on the board of directors for the Joyce Foundation, which has given millions of dollars to gun-control groups. In fact, Politico's Kenneth Vogel reports that Obama thought about taking over as head of the Joyce Foundation, but decided to focus on politics instead.

The Joyce Foundation gave $21 million to anti-gun groups while the senator served on the board, yet now the head of the Joyce Foundation is trying to claim the group doesn't just fund gun-banners.

Ellen Alberding told Politico, "We're not promoting a particular solution. We're promoting really smart people to think about problems and come up with ideas on how to solve them." That's baloney. From the Violence Policy Center to Ohioans Against Gun Violence, the Wisconsin Anti-Violence Education Fund, the Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence and many others, the Joyce Foundation gives its money to groups that have never supported gun ownership. When was the last time any of those groups came out in support of a pro-Second Amendment law? The answer is never.

The shameless attempts to disguise Obama's record on the Second Amendment has caused the candidate to make the claim that he doesn't know enough about the D.C. Gun Ban case to offer an opinion. It's forced other Democrats to distance themselves from Obama, because they represent pro-Second Amendment constituencies. And now the Joyce Foundation can't even come clean about their point of view ... all because Obama and his supporters can't let Americans find out just what he thinks about your right to keep and bear arms.

More...

·
Registered
11,239 Posts
Elitist Liberal

Obama is no different than Hillary/Bill Clinton as they are
all elitist Liberals in the sense of the old Federalist Party
from the American Revolution. Just look at Obama's recent
take on rural people.

It is our duty as voters not to be taken in by their lies.

·
Registered
11,239 Posts
Hello Troy2000

No, elitist seems to be rather well defined. Perhaps you might wish to
read Jefferson's Second Revolution: The election crisis of 1800 and the triumph of Republicanism by Susan Dunn.

Presidents Washington and Adams along with Alexander Hamilton certainly did not have any trouble with definition when it came to elitist especially as in intellectual elitist. None of the three could really be noted for secularism and certainly not humanism other than to the the extent what they felt was for the greater good for the country would, to some undefined extent, be good for the masses who were expected to provide
quite support.

·
Premium Member
18,722 Posts
The sad fact of life is, we gun owners/hunters/shooters are declining in numbers and Obama, like Hillary, and 100's of other legislators are playing the numbers game by catering to the majority. They are only looking for votes.

·
Banned
14,554 Posts
No, elitist seems to be rather well defined. Perhaps you might wish to
read Jefferson's Second Revolution: The election crisis of 1800 and the triumph of Republicanism by Susan Dunn.

Presidents Washington and Adams along with Alexander Hamilton certainly did not have any trouble with definition when it came to elitist especially as in intellectual elitist. None of the three could really be noted for secularism and certainly not humanism other than to the the extent what they felt was for the greater good for the country would, to some undefined extent, be good for the masses who were expected to provide
quite support.
I'm not saying it's a new word, nathangdad. I'm just pointing out that every other person on Gun and Game seems to be using it lately. If you went back and checked the posts from a year ago, or even a few months, you'd find it seldom or never.

Word usage tends to run in cycles; as soon as one has been pounded into the ground long enough, it slips back into the shadows for a while, and gets replaced with another catchword of the day.

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,632 Posts
I believe he's certainly an elitist--"I can have the priviledge of armed security, but you're irresponsible and don't deserve the inherent right of self defense because you're just an unimportant peon." I think my opinion of him would more of a "wacko" than a "liberal." Maybe "elitist wacko." In any case, he's a gun grabber and would, IMHO make a terrible president.

And I'm more than happy to drive a phrase into the ground :)

He does seem to have ties to all kinds of bad things lately.......at least where liberty and citizenship are concerned.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts