Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Barack Obama is embracing anti-gun policies in the run-up to a Democratic presidential debate scheduled on the one-year anniversary of the Virginia Tech shootings.

More...

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,373 Posts
Well, if there was any doubt Obama is antigun, this statement of his puts that to rest. He can't lay it off on some underling. He can't say he was misquoted. He can't say is was quoted out of context.

“I am not in favor of concealed weapons. I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations.”

That's what Obama told the Pittsburg Tribune on April 2nd. This is a much more extreme position than what he said during the Idaho campaign, where he ran off at the mouth thusly:

“I think it's important for us to recognize that we've got a tradition of handgun ownership and gun ownership generally. And a lot of law-abiding citizens use it for hunting, for sportsmanship, and for protecting their families. We also have a violence on the streets that is the result of illegal handgun usage. And so I think there is nothing wrong with a community saying we are going to take those illegal handguns off the streets. And cracking down on the various loopholes that exist in terms of background checks for children, the mentally ill. We can have reasonable, thoughtful gun control measure that I think respects the Second Amendment and people's traditions."

Broken down, this is what his blather means.

1. The Constitution says you have the right to own guns.

2. Handguns cause violence.

3. We need gun control to stop the violence.

4. I will pay lip service to the Second Amendment, but people should not be allowed to own guns because they cause violence.

In other words, not only has the leopard not changed his spots, but he's been trying to shine us on that his position on gun control is moderate. Well, now you see him for what he is. Work against Obama in 2008, if you want to be able to keep and bear arms in 2009!

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
Then what say we all contact him and say that since he is against conceal carry, that he should then make his security detail either un-conceal there's or keep them at home. That's what I think we should do.

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,636 Posts
+1 to all. Good words.

Notice how elitists act -- do as I say not as I do. It's OK for me to have armed guards (because I'm important), but you "commoners" can't be trusted with firearms for your own self defense.

·
Registered
8,151 Posts
Rosie is all against any guns. No comment from her after she hired an armed bodyguard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts