close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Obama Sincerely Believes That Allowing Assad to Gas His Own People Shows that Obama Has Courage

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by Cyrano, May 18, 2017.

1. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    If you ever needed proof that the Obamination had no business in the Oval Office, this is certainly it. He's being given the Profiles In Courage award for failing to stop Assad from using poison gas in Syria against his own people.

Although legally there is no way to hold this idiot legally responsible for that abomination, I wish there was some way he could be haled before the World Court as a war criminal for his failure to act either before or after the fact in this case. This sort of doublespeak has no place in American government. It certainly is not proof that the moron with the backbone of a chocolate eclair is possessed of anything even faintly approaching the standard definition of courage.

http://www.fixthisnation.com/conser...took-courage-to-let-assad-gas-his-own-people/

Rocky7, Rave, Merle and 2 others like this.
  2. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf G&G Evangelist

It did not take courage, it is an example of the evil loose in the world.

Rave, swedesrus, neophyte and 3 others like this.

3. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

What do you expect from the man who reduced the level of the Nobel Peace Prize to that of a cheap paper prize from a Cracker Jack box?
    This is less an example of lack of character on the illegal muslim' part than on the part of these organizations that have sold their souls to evil.
    Both awards are now nothing but mockeries.

Rocky7, Rave, PAPA G and 2 others like this.
  4. FN FAL

FN FAL NOT a new member Forum Contributor

Its like the evil doer's out in the world have taken the corniest of batman and robin episodes, made them even stupider and are now playing them out.

sunwheel29 and neophyte like this.
  5. Big Dog

I am on my phone now, no access to my PC, but awhile back I created a meme pic with pics of moochelle the wookie next to The Joker. The resemblence is uncanny!
    Shrillary could be The Penguin if she wore a black suit.

6. john_r

john_r G&G Evangelist

Jax, Fla
    Communists killed their own people by the tens of millions, and the US did nothing. Either we are the world's police or we aren't.

Stickman, Rave, PAPA G and 2 others like this.
  7. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

Cyrano: Sir, This writer voices my position.
    john_r: Sir, a terrible balance. Power dictates levels in accomplishment. opinion. Had
    Assad any confidence in his World ending "if" he chose this chemical play. Would he continue
    Having no fear ='s great latitude

It was likely no coincidence that Obama used this bizarre example of political courage only a few short weeks after President Trump bombed the hell out of a Syrian airfield in response to Assad’s latest chemical attack. In the interview, Obama argued that using military force against the regime would have been the easy choice.

“As president, what you discover is that you generally get praised for taking military action and you’re often criticized for not doing so,” he said. “And it wasn’t a slam dunk, but I thought it made sense for a variety of reasons for us to see if we could actually try to eliminate the prospect of large-scale chemical weapons use rather than the political expedience of a one-time shot.”

Uh-huh. You have to wonder if the children who were gassed to death in the recent Syrian strike would feel the same way about Obama’s decision. Their grieving mothers are surely thankful that Obama managed to negotiate “99 percent” of the chemical weapons out of their country.

PAPA G, Bvhawk and Bestiverhad like this.
  8. john_r

john_r G&G Evangelist

Jax, Fla
    Someone recently pondered, why didn't the UN bomb Janet Reno for killing the Branch Davidians?

Rave, PAPA G and neophyte like this.
  9. dhermesc

dhermesc G&G Evangelist

So we get a medal if we are not?

Rave and PAPA G like this.
  10. john_r

john_r G&G Evangelist

Jax, Fla
    The commie left would give us a medal for not stopping that slaughter.

11. Big Dog

'bammer needs more bling for his tribute to his narcissism, that white elephant building in Chicago.
    Look for him to be given more unearned worthless "awards".

12. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

I'm still not entirely sure I believe Assad DID do chemical attacks. When I read or watch reports from virtually every other news agency in the world outside the U.S. or the Rupert Murdoch networks the narrative is very different. Victims are "re-used," the white hats are painted as pro-al Qeada shills using their fame to raise money for terrorism, and Assad is painted less as a madman and more as someone who is desperately trying to keep a country of warring factions from killing each other.

Here is a pretty outstanding video comparing the American version of events to the Russian narrative:

sunwheel29, john_r and The_Wardog like this.
  13. Agreed. When you look at the evidence, it makes no sense why Assad would do that, and there's even video of a 'moderate rebel' admitting they accidentally triggered a chem bomb because they didn't know how to properly deploy it. I wish I still had the link for that vid.

I would also encourage everyone to look at the state dept. review which signed off on assad NOT having chem weapons while hildabeest was in the state dept.

Keep an eye on the country's we're shaking sabers at...they don't fall under european central banks, and therefore 'must be brought to heel'. Libya was working on a currency which may have included an african-wide use, and if I recall correctly been gold-based. Then suddenly, poof, qaddafi is out.

Always remember whatever media shows you in america has been watered down and diluted to the point of near-uselessness in determining exactly whats really going on in the world. I was tracking isis and it's movements almost a year before american media acknowledged their existence because I was following local reports coming out of iraq and afghanistan and getting live feedback from friends still on the ground.

neophyte and john_r like this.
  14. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

Tin foil hat time, but a part of me wonders if the reason Those in Power are so upset by Trump and his team talking to Russia is that they are afraid they might be exposed to the truth. Trump's mouth is too big to keep silent if he were to suddenly decide the Syrian crisis is not the same as the official U.S. narrative and he would be obliged to say or do something.
    What if the "Russian secrets" agenda is just a way to make it seem like IF Trump decided the country was on the wrong side in Syria, it would be easy to spin that as proof of him being in league with Russia rather than proof that the existing narrative is a lie?

The_Wardog likes this.
  15. Nothing tin-foil hat about that.

When I was in afghanistan, I was at the table with a lot of very high ranking military members, to include Adm. Mike Mullen (chairman joint chief of staff at the time), to provide PR 'spin' (which I fought tooth and nail on, as I won't compromise my principles).

There are so many lies we were involved with, it made me sick. At one point I purposefully disobeyed an illegal order which involved writing very pro-communist propaganda pieces by my commanding colonel. I was verbally reprimanded and pulled from the assignment, threatened with no rank promotion (which I ended up with anyway, lol) etc. The entire afghan narrative is a lie and I was witness to the lies, and a lot of people think I'm a nutjob for speaking out about it. But it's different when you've witnessed an event, as opposed to hearing it third, fourth or fifth hand.

I've found that those of us who experienced such events are usually outcasts in 'normal' society. But I accept that.

16. john_r

john_r G&G Evangelist

Jax, Fla
    Those poppy fields are worth a fortune...

17. I've patrolled poppy fields before, and was told under no conditions were any of us allowed to do anything about it. How many people have died from that crap?

Rave and Big Dog like this.
  18. And I found out the real reason we're there since 2009...lithium deposits. When you hear mention of afghanistan's vast wealth in minerals, thats what they're referencing.

Rave, Huey Rider and Cyrano like this.
  19. john_r

john_r G&G Evangelist

Jax, Fla
  20. There's a personal story I'm not comfortable telling here, but yes, China is certainly more interested in it than we are. And for economic reasons, we've been trying to block them since about 2009, from gaining access to the deposits, especially in the northern region where the afghan countryside becomes that peninsula-looking point. But yes, you guessed right on that, I can say that much.

Last edited: May 20, 2017