Obamination

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Deersniper, May 7, 2008.

1. Obama has introduced a the bill HB 6202 to tax every American 7% and give it to the U.N. ans also to require a permit to buy handgun ammo not over 50 rounds per month either in possession or given to family members. Wonderful, like that's going to solve problems. :sad2:

2. 762x39FMJ

762x39FMJ Guest

We should be charging the UN Billions to conduct their anti America campaign on our soil. Wonder how long it would take them to pack up and leave! :silly:

3. Frankly, I don't believe it. I'm surprised anyone would believe it. And bills aren't introduced as 'HB' to begin with. In the House of Representatives, they're labeled with 'HR,' but Obama's not a Representative. He's a senator, and Senate bills have the prefix 'S'.

Here's the current list of active legislation in the Senate, and there's nothing at all like that on there:

U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Active Legislation

Does anyone really believe a presidential candidate would do something that stupid right before the election? Come on, folks...:hitwithrock:

4. mitch_mckee

mitch_mckee Guest

If they were really smart, they would not be Democrats. :hitwithrock:

5. HB is a house bill, I may of got that incorrect. It should be an SB bill either 2062, or 6202. I was driving while trying to write it down, so thanks for the link Troy. I'll check the show archives and clarify that.

6. roadie

roadie G&G Newbie

And the IRS wonders why people cheat on their taxes...like I want to give %7 more of my hard earned income to to a government agency that will most likely spend it in ways I do not agree with...no thanks.

7. Can you take another 7% . . .

. . . hit even if you actually wanted to turn over your wealth to
    the Secretary General of the U.N.?

Why doesn't Obama think about increasing the wealth of middle class
    Americans by 7% as this is something really needed.

As for gun control, who can pretend he is anything but a lying liberal
    elitist?

Wake up America and see him for what he is!!!!!

8. OK, I went to IRN news and it is the Global Poverty Act S.2433 which would give .7% of our Gross National income to to poor countries. While we are going broke we are to give the U.N money to take our freedoms and our guns away. Not the man for the job! He is a globalist, and cannot be trusted. The bill about the permit for ammo was HB 6202 California bill.

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  9. Thanks for actually looking it up, Deersniper. I couldn't figure out what the heck it was just from the little info I had.

That makes a little more sense; seven tenths of a percent of our national gross income is a lot different than collecting seven percent of everyone's paycheck. And it has nothing in it at all about restricting ammo, I'm willing to bet.

How much of our gross national income already goes to foreign aid to fight poverty, in one form or another? I'm guessing more than that. This is an attempt to clarify and organize some of that aid. And it isn't something Obama thought up on his own, either. It's designed to comply with the United Nations Millennium Development Declaration that our country signed, along with 188 other countries, in the year 2000.

It has 16 co-sponsors in the Senate. The companion bill moving through the House of Representatives has 84 co-sponsors. While the majority of the sponsors in both houses are Democrats, there are also Republicans involved.

What do I think of it? Eh--no big deal, one way or another. As I said, I'm willing to bet we're already spending more than that anyway; it isn't going to take any bread out of our childrens' mouths. On the other hand, it might not be a wonderful idea to write what we're spending into law, either.

10. mitch_mckee

mitch_mckee Guest

You cannot be taken seriously because you are always willing to give the Demwits a pass while blaming all the worlds ills on anyone Conservative.

11. You know what ? How long have we been giveing Aid to other countrys so they'll have food and what ever they need ? For years right ?
    Seems like by now they would of learned how to grow crops and fend for there selves wouldn't you think.
    I'm not against helping the true needy, but there seems, after so long of doing it, the one's that receive it ought to be able to do for them selves.

Instead of money give them tillers, shovels, hoes, seeds instead of money.

12. Why? their Gov'ts would just confiscate the "hardware" and sell it on the black market or worse do what Japan did to the meterial we gave them before WWII and turn the metal into munitions to use in their attempt to conquer Asia or bomb us as they did at Pearl Harbor.
    Which is one thing to think about today with China buying up all the metal can.

13. oldjarhead

oldjarhead G&G Evangelist

MO
    Ditto, Mitch

Years?, AH...make that decades. We provide foreign aid in money, food, implements and weapons. We have had the Peace Corps go to third world countries and teach farming techniques. As long as the receiving counties have corrupt governments all these efforts are moot.
    As for the UN; the United States foots most of the bill already. I read the figures years ago but don't recall them. In addition, these member countries' diplomats have diplomatic immunity.
    It should not be our responsibility to raise the living standards of populations in foreign countries.

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  14. Windwalker

Windwalker G&G Newbie

Well Mitch, how could I know anything as I am just one of those dumb conservative Democrats. But, have you ever wondered why that if both the Republicans and Democrats are against deficit spending why we have deficits? Have you ever wondered why that if both the Republicans and Democrats are against high taxes and inflation why we have high taxes and inflation?
    There is one President, 100 Senators, 435 Congressmen and 9 Supreme Court Judges, a total of 545 human beings out of 300 million who are legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this Country. Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject and should pass laws making lobbying illegal, to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power.
    These 545 people, and they alone are responsible. They and they alone have the power. We the voters should vote all of them out of office and elect some that will clean up their mess. They can start by passing a bill making two term limits for all Federal elected offices.

15. Well said.
    That is the root of all problems.
    The only problem with the idea is that anyone who would straighten out Washington will NEVER get on any ticket.

16. patrick70

patrick70 G&G Addict

I noticed that too.

17. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter Guest

The UN should be eliminated...very useless organization.

18. +1 big time

19. :werd:
    When people start routinely making idiotic, mindless accusations against Republicans on this forum, instead of doing so almost entirely against Democrats, you'll notice me sticking up for Republicans too.:)

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  20. mitch got banned . word to yo mother ! hehehe i make no **** sense