Of Mosques and Men: Reflections on the Ground Zero Mosque

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by grizcty, Aug 18, 2010.

1. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

[FONT=arial,helvetica] Of Mosques and Men: Reflections on the Ground Zero Mosque

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxFzFIDbKpg]YouTube - Of Mosques and Men: Reflections on the Ground Zero Mosque[/ame]

WATCH this... it isn't too lengthy -- approximately 5 minutes.
    You will be stunned by some of the truths you learn. It will, though,
    arm you to "be on the lookout" for your community in the future.
    [/FONT]

2. Obama said: "Islam has always been part of America"-Really?

Sorry, Mr. Obama, but there were no Muslims among the passengers on the Mayflower or the settlers at Jamestown. Muslims were conspicuously absent from the ranks of George Washington’s Army of the Revolution and played no role in the creation of the American republic - - save for the fact that the new country’s first declaration of war was against the forces of Islam in the form of the Barbary pirates.1

Despite popular folklore, few Muslims numbered among the 12 million black Africans who were shipped to the New World from the 17th to 19th centuries. The Muslims, in fact, were not the slaves but the slave traders

3. Brandhard

Brandhard G&G Evangelist

I don't like the idea of a mosque there, or anywhere for that matter, I'm a Christian and wouldn't care if there weren't a mosque anywhere in the US. The fact of the matter is, that is why we have a constitution, to protect the minority from the majority. Democracy without a just constitution is tyranny. The same constitution that protects my freedom of religion, protects theirs. What is next? To stop a church being built in Oklahoma City, because Timothy Mcveigh was a white christian? (whether or not he claimed to be, there are plenty of folks who want him to have claimed it.)

Also, I dont' know much about New York, but I doubt that a 13 story mosque would really stand out in that City!

4. killsnapz

killsnapz G&G Evangelist

No Joe it looks just like any other building on the block from the outside. It come down to two things. Is it legal? Yes it is. it is correct thing to do to furthur advance Muslim Christian relations? No it will only breed more hatred of Muslims by Christians. This country is all about being politically correct these days. Building this Mosque so closes is as politically incorrect as you can get. You can't have both way. If we have to be politically correct towards them then they should be politically correct towards Christians.

Michael

5. petrol

petrol G&G Enthusiast

I have heard that the muslim sect that is building the thing are Sufi. Sufi's are the mystical sect of islam and generally considered heretics by the other two much larger branches.
    The other thing to take into account is they haven't raised any money yet.

maybe they won't be able to build it.

anyway, once again, they have the right to build it, but they are doing nothing to advance American / islamic relations.
    i like that quote ' usually with outreach the whole hand is used, not just one finger' Can't remember who said it.

6. SKS NOOB

SKS NOOB G&G Evangelist

This goes beyond the religious aspect, though. The muslims are potentially viewing this as a way to "do a victory dance" so to speak. A marking showing how Muslims stuck it to us at 9/11. That we as a nation are so decadent that we can't stop them. Are we that decadent? Are we going to roll over while they just bowl over the complacent? I would hope not. I do agree that under our Bill of Rights, they can build it, but building it there would slap EVERYBODY, not just Christains, in the face.

7. killsnapz

killsnapz G&G Evangelist

Unfortunately this was a perfect plan on their part. If we roll over and allow them to build it we look like fools and they have their victory dance. If we block it then we are going agianst everthing our forfathers founded this country on. We are in checkmate basicly either move is a losing move by Americans. Patterson seems to be the only one who offered any realy solution to the problem by offering to pay to have the mosque build on a different site. They refused and that right there tells you what it is all about. Putting a mosque as close to ground zero as they can. Either way they destroy a part of our country. It just goes to show Muslims are not about getting along with other religions only shoving theirs in our face. If they truely wanted to get along with Christians in this country they would never even consider building it. That being said I don't think they could ever get it done. In New York City all construction work is done by Union workers only. They have already comer out and said no union worker would be doing anywork on a mosque at this site. That pretty much end it their. Bringing in scabs will never be allowed by the union workers either.

Michael

8. Windwalker

Windwalker G&G Newbie

O. K. I am going to push over the beehive. After the Revolutionary War the Church of England could not have churches in America because they were State Controlled Churches by England and prohibited here by the separation of Church and State. The Muslim mosques and churches are controlled by the Islamic State so are they even legal in America at all since they don't separate State and Religion. If they are not legal, then the answer is simple. Deport the people and confiscate the property and buildings.

9. SKS NOOB

SKS NOOB G&G Evangelist

Well..........IMHO the "Separation of Church and State" is more of a policy than a law or rule. The reason why I say this is because of the 1A saying Congress shall make no LAW respecting an establishment of religion or the freedom of exercise thereof. Where I DO see the reasoning why they did that then (Potential British spies/antagonists). I need to look this up to make sure. :suspect: