close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Oh, decisions decisions

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by BattleRifleG3, Aug 28, 2002.

1. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

Ok, I had concluded that I want a 1911 instead of a Glock, HK, or other 45 auto, mainly due to the price, but when looking at the options I wanted with the 1911 (double stack, long slide, underbarrel accessory rail), I figured I may be wise to reconsider Glock or HK. I'd still consider 40 S&W, and the Glock 24, which I've seen for $550, seems like a good buy.
    How would the variety of HK, Glock, 1911, or other pistols compare?
    Sure, similar questions have been asked before, but I still think it's worth discussing.

2. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Heck, in that price range, you can get a Sig.

3. jarcp

jarcp G&G Newbie

Have you considered a Para Ordinance P16-45 or P14-45?

4. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

I don't think they make a double stack mag, but some of the new Springfield Armory 1911's come with the accessory rail. I carry my Glock on duty with the Streamlight M3 atc light attached to it at all times. Safariland makes a duty holster to accomodate it. Fobus and Blade Tech make concealable off duty holsters for the combo.

5. BattleRifleG3

Yes, I am considering the Para Ordnance, although I'd like a long slide and accessory rail, which would cost a bit more to add, while I'm thinking it may cost less to have all those features on a Glock or HK. PO is high on my list though (refer to "My Dream Gun" on the 1911 forum).

Concerning Sigs, do they come in 45 long slide? Never heard of them in 45.

6. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Sig does make a .45, no doubt about it. It's the P-22something?!?!? As for long slide, what exactly do you mean. Do you mean a five or six inch barrel? If so, Glock makes it w/accessory rail but only in .40sw and 9mm.

7. BattleRifleG3

I'm thinking 6" barrel, but I may have to settle for 5". Of course, then I might as well get the 1911.

8. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

1911A1's are overrated

:eek: but they are the handgun equivalent of a smallblock Chevy...you can do almost anything with them... :target: I started saving my pennies for a Kimber Classic Stainless...the 1911A1 platform is a serious pain to fieldstrip compared to Sigs or Glocks...don't say nobody warned you...:p

9. Cyclops

Cyclops G&G Newbie

There are no true guarantees with anything man made. That said, the USPs offer great accuracy, reliability & durability straight out of box, whereas every 1911 I've come in contact with has needed some form of tinkering to get to that level of performance.