Oil is at $129.00....

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Pred, May 20, 2008.

1. Pred

Pred Guest

Bring on the fall of society.. WOOHOOO!!!!

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  2. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

Maybe AK and all the oil rich states should seceede, start drilling, build refineries, and sell the oil and gas back to the wacky states that got us in this mess. Hell, TX could seceede too and start building nuclear power plants as well (as well as burning King Coal). Keep our big SUV's and make warshington pay for our oil, supporting our high on the hog lifestyle. We'd be less encumbered by that wacky environmental stuff and could decide things for ourselves.

3. tlarkin

tlarkin Guest

I thought the US made it "illegal" to secede....

Texas already tried that once didn't they? LOL

4. mitch_mckee

mitch_mckee Guest

I think that the US is more resiliant than that.

Don't know or care about the turd world countries, though.

5. TXplt

That was when people had cojones. Now, alot of the environmentalists and do-gooders would just whine and AK and the like would get rich. AK could even tell the feds to pay THEM to lease their land for bases, etc.

Maybe Sarah could make it happen :)

6. tlarkin

tlarkin Guest

Sarah Connor?

yeah, well, anything to make gas freaking cheaper I am all for and as long as it doesn't cost me any tax dollars. However, we need to make our cars more efficient, I mean most gas is wasted rather than used. I would also like to see a better rail system, because the trucking is just too expensive to maintain.

7. I talked to my Sister a little while ago about doing some research to see if it would be worth our while to drill for oil on some land we inhairated from our mother.
    There was oil production near by back during the oil boom days in So .Ark.

At the price oil is now it could almost pay for it self to drill. Well see.

8. TXplt

Paulin--AK's Gov. She's been pushing for exploration and development. Probably the best looking Gov in the U.S. as well.

9. AKHunter

AKHunter G&G Newbie

Alaska is rich as a state, we have a $5 billion surplus atm. the legislature will find a way to **** it away I am sure if it can keep the schoool district at arms length.

Gov Palin it trying to get the gas pipeline going but the news has been silent on it lately. She also is trying to get Thompson point going and that is another protracted story. I posted a link about it a couple weeks back.

Now that the polar bears were deemed "threatened" you can rest assured that mineral developement here will all but cease until the next ice age.

Man, since listing the polar bears is going to protect them from global climate change ,why isnt anyone arguing to list every other spicies on the planet ? Just think it would be the magic bullet that ends this devastating cycle and save the planet !

10. TXplt

Hasn't Polar Bear population doubled (and continued to increase) since the 60's ?

If it comes to a polar bear, or spotted owl, or anything compared to me and my family eating (or getting doctoring, or keeping warm or getting the minerals), sorry, polar bear gotta go. But this hasn't been true in fact--nature has done just fine with development. Man made "global warming" continues to be quite the hoax.

Nature is very resilient. I like clean air and water, but we get way stupid over environmental "issues" that don't exist. Think it's due to a smug elitist mentality--we're "masters of the universe" so we must be able to control our world and nature.

Ummmmm No.....

Maybe the oil thing isn't such a big deal--as long as we just go into debt to OPEC and stiff 'em at the end of the day. We're fat on paper--happy to sent it their way. Just don't try to pay them later and this'll work.

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  11. Pred

Pred Guest

COME ON $130.00!!! At $129.45 right now...

12. tlarkin

tlarkin Guest

Gosh, those Oil company CEOs must be living out of cardboard boxes since they need to raise the price so much.

13. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter Guest

And we will have $150.00 a barrel by the end of this year... All the brains on Wall St. as well as government statistics are saying the consumer isn't being hurt yet, and there is no recession ?? By the third quarter big retailers will be hit hard and then financial institutions will follow.

My prediction: By the end of this year, if this continues, we will have a huge economic collapse. Reality will not completly sink in until people have to pay for their $4.50-$5.00 heating oil and or natural gas prices that have gone through the roof. Should be a real rosey Christmas..

14. Pred

Pred Guest

This whole situation is one reason I'm really not interested in buying a house for a few years. Right now bills are not a problem living in an apartment. Our highest electric bill MIGHT be $100 if we keep the air set on about 66 all month long. No maintenance, no gas heat...