close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ok This Has Nothing To Do With Guns, But Anyway Please Vote!

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by dodge, Apr 29, 2002.

vote on 3 wheelers

1. thay should be kept illegal because there unsafe.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. thay should be legal, it\'s like gun control.

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. 3 wheelers are a bad design and 4 wheelers are much better.

8 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. dodge stop wasteing my time with this stupid poll.

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. 3 wheelers are ok for people who wish to ride them.

10 vote(s)
    41.7%
  6. death to 3 wheelers!! and the people that ride them!!

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  1. I've been rideing 3 wheelers forever it seems, and i think the ban on them is very unjust, but anyway the post's on the ATV fourm got me to thinking, lets have a vote on them.

2. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I still think 4 wheelers are better than 3 wheelers, and 2 wheelers are better than both. 3 wheelers are way too unstable for me, at least in the woods around here. It does not bother me if people with safety training, and who know the risks, ride ATCs. 4 wheelers are more stable because, if a wheel hits a bump or a hole, there is a wheel opposite it to balance the load and you have 2 suspensions to dampen the acceleration. ATCs will try to throw you off.

3. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

I prefer the original ATV they don't use gas and don't tear up the environment. Plus they can get into areas that something with wheels can't -- haven't guessed yet ? Its a Horse.

4. I've ridden them all for many years and my ride of choice is a 2 wheeler. They will go places a 3 or 4 wheeler cant go. A horse might be able to get into tight places but they have one big drawback. They only make 1 horsepower max.

5. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

Aren't they outlawed

I thought they were outlawed at least in NC they are have been for some time now. Who cares anyway. Its like bungee jumping or WW kayaking or any other dangerous activity. Without brains and common sense anything can go wrong!

6. trikes

well thay have a ban on them since 1987(a dark day for us 3 wheeler riders) i dont know, thay might be outlaw'd in NC(thank god it's not the same here NY) 3 wheelers can turn on a dime(unlike quads) I've gone places on my $275 ATC-110 and $500 ATC-125M that my buddy's that where rideing quads ccould only sit there and in amazement, and I blew the doors off(so to speek) a suzuki LT250EF wile driveing my honda ATC-200S, "for me I'l take tri-moto's tri-z's and 250R's, to me thay will always remain true shineing stars" check out www.3wheelerworld.com to see the hole poem.

7. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

It's the driver that makes the difference

Listen up Dodge: It doesn't matter what you're driving...it's the driver that makes the difference.

In March of 2001 I was invited by my brother to go to the sand dunes at Wynoka (sp), OK for a weekend at the Little Sahara State Park. He had a souped up sand rail we rode (blasted) around in for a couple of days, jumping dunes like crazy. Now that's lots of fun.

My point, though, is this...on the second day my nephew, who was driving a quad asked me if I'd like to ride it for a while. Sounded inviting enough to me, especially since I wanted to get back at some of our group who had been blowing lots of sand on my brother and I. That's a common occurance and they were just having fun. We all took this in good humor.

Finally I had a chance to get even (I'm kind of devious) so I made one loop out about 100 yards, turned back toward our group and just as I neared them I turned sharply, accelerated, thinking I was going to blast sand on them. Not so! The quad simply turned over with me landing on my right shoulder. I knew I was hurt but got back on and rode more sensibly for a while, just to satisfy them that things were ok.

When I got home I found out through a MRI exam that I had a completely torn right rotator cuff.

My point is that it's not the machine...it's the driver's attitude that makes all the difference.My second childhood attitude had taken over for a few moments and I lost my good judgement just "showing off". I learned my lesson well about driving 4 wheelers that day. It really wouldn't have made any difference if it had been a 3 wheeler. A little common sense would make all the difference in how safe they are to drive.

Now my right shoulder is just about able to take the pounding of my 03A3. For a while I wimped out with a recoil pad.

Oxford:nod::assult:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2002
  8. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

Oxford is right-the driver makes all the difference. Me, personally, I'll stick to the 6-wheel Max. Goes anywhere, and you can float for a long while in it.