Gun and Game Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,835 Posts
It does seem like most of the ladies here have vanished save one.
Dunno what's up with that?
No different than how they are in life. They come, they go. LOL!!

Only the ones genuinely interested in reforming men's "ways" stick around. :p

·
Registered
15,382 Posts
You fellers need to start buying the "old" cast iron cookwear. In good used condition and reseasoned, it's almost like teflon. A bit of oil or bacon grease always helps though. Don't use dishwashing detergent to clean them. It takes the oil out of the surface.

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,601 Posts
You fellers need to start buying the "old" cast iron cookwear. In good used condition and reseasoned, it's almost like teflon. A bit of oil or bacon grease always helps though. Don't use dishwashing detergent to clean them. It takes the oil out of the surface.
I thought the Wagner was pretty old? Mom and step dad got that when they got married in ‘69

I can be in the look out if I knew kinda how old and how to tell. Appreciate ya sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Gun and Game mobile app

·
Registered
15,382 Posts
I thought the Wagner was pretty old? Mom and step dad got that when they got married in ‘69

I can be in the look out if I knew kinda how old and how to tell. Appreciate ya sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Gun and Game mobile app
The Wagner is probably a good pan. Take care of it. In my opinion every bit as good as a Griswold but people pay too much to "collect" those. Just look for a smooth cooking surface regardless of brand. If the pan surface is smooth, they're easy to "reseason" for an excellent cooking utensil. I've dug over an inch of dirt out of a barn find I got at a flea market. A little scraping to get the crude out, final clean with 0000 steel wool, an excellent resulting pan.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts

My wife gave our daughter-in law a couple of seasoned cast iron skillets. Found out later that she'd tried washing them & since she couldn't get the black out, threw them away! :( She's never forgotten it!

·
Wonderment :)
33,582 Posts
information: should you go to the “Lodge” store
You passed the largest knife store (they advertise)
I’ve been to both stores. Giant skillets :)

Smoky Mountain Knife Works
Website

Knife store in Sevierville, Tennessee

·
The outer edge of civilization
13,925 Posts
My wife gave our daughter-in law a couple of seasoned cast iron skillets. Found out later that she'd tried washing them & since she couldn't get the black out, threw them away! :( She's never forgotten it!
I'd be hard pressed to forgive her for that.

·
The outer edge of civilization
13,925 Posts
41 - 60 of 62 Posts