Gun and Game Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
We know but since the ladies have apparently all gone shopping we men decided to at least make this thread responsive.

Perhaps you will get some female responses once their money is spent or their credit cards are maxed out.

COME ON, LADIES, A MAN IS ASKING FOR DIRECTIONS...WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH Y'ALL? GEESH!
Hey, racking up credit card debt buying ammo doesn't make a woman a big spender! That doesn't count.

I agree that she should be able to choose the one she likes best, but unless she can test fire it, someone should still advise her of the amount of recoil.

I bought an LCR because I had trouble with slides, and it's a nice enough gun, but the grip is not totally comfortable because it doesn't extend fully down the palm of my hand. I don't want to get an extended grip, because its purpose is to be able to fit into the glove compartment in case it's needed on trips.

That business of refusing to answer questions to a female annoys me, too. My response is usually to tell the guy that it would be easier if he could talk directly to me and we didn't need a translator. Sometimes that works, sometimes he walks away. In that case, I return insult for insult and ask another clerk if he knows the answer, since the other guy obviously doesn't, or he wouldn't have left.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The grip was the biggest hang-up, we looked and probably 150 handguns before she narrowed it down to her favorite 3. All of those that didn't make the grade failed either because they were to heavy in the hand, the grips were too short or both. Like I said earlier she fell in love with her PK380, in fact she was even able to talk to a couple of LEO's onsite, one of which had owned one of the little Walthers, and got some good pointers and other general info on the gun itself. I think it's safe to say she has the bug now.....lol

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
Great!

She made a good choice with the Walther PK380. The only issue I have with it (I owned two but sold one to a friend) is it does not have an external slide lock; Other than that it makes a good shooter, carry, home defense, and plinker.

Congrats to your Lady! (I'd say that directly to her but don't think she's on G&G yet...so I direct my comment to you...her male counterpart...LOL.)

21 - 24 of 24 Posts