Gun and Game Forum banner

Old H&K .9mm

4K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  sunwheel29 
#1 ·
Hi hope some one can help me with a picture or info where to get a picture of a K&K .9MM that I had back in the early 80s. It was a wierd looking gun sort of space age looking I cannot remember the model of it or anything about it, I Know it is not a lot of info to give to you all, but all I got. Thanks for your help

Jaclyn

#3 ·
Based on what jaclyn said (and welcome to the Forum, by the way), it sound like the pistol is either an HK-4 or an HK-70Z. Both of them look like the result of a one night stand between a Whitney Wolverine and an Ortgies, which isn't a put-down. I own an Ortgies (the only gun my dad brought home from the war) and I've always wanted a Wolverine just because it fits the hand so well.

#4 · (Edited)
The phrase "Space Age" tells me it was the VP70 or VP70Z. The HK4 was not offered in a 9mm. .380 was its largest caliber followed by .32 ACP, .25 ACP, and .22 LR

The other option for that time frame would be the P7 or PSP depending on the country branding. It was originally offered in 9mm and later in .40. But it doesnt scream space age looking to me. A little odd but not space age.

VP70

P7

HK4

#5 ·
a friend had a VP 70. it was cool looking, very big for a 9mm. it also was the highest capacity (stock) pistol of the time. you could also see where the grip would be cut out to attach the shoulder stock on the full auto models.

#6 ·
THe VP70 was made to be used with a detachable stock. The trigger pull was extremely heavy, and the gun itself was very heavy. They resurface at gun shows around here time to time, whenever a sucker buys one and realizes that he got taken in and tries to unload it on another unsuspecting buyer.

#7 ·
only the full auto ones came with the detachable stock. when the stock was attached it allowed the full auto mode. without the stock they would only fire semi auto. the trigger pull was very long and if I remember correctly they did not have a safety. also they were striker fired.

#8 ·
THe VP70 was made to be used with a detachable stock. The trigger pull was extremely heavy, and the gun itself was very heavy. They resurface at gun shows around here time to time, whenever a sucker buys one and realizes that he got taken in and tries to unload it on another unsuspecting buyer.
The worst part is trying to find extra magazines.

I had one for a bit that was fairly rough but shot decently. Paid somewhere around $200 for it.

However if someone wanted a set of spare mags 2-3 back in that time would run more than the pistol; if you could even find'em.

#9 ·
Can't remember the name of the model, but you are talking about the gun that was used on Hunter for a couple of seasons. It was also on another cop / private eye show- Simon and Simon. Ironically both Hunter and one of the Simon brothers switched to .44 revolvers. An Astra for Hunter and a Model 29 for Rick Simon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.