close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Old (or new) pick 'em up trucks...

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by NRAJOE, Jun 28, 2002.

1. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Never see anyone on here talking about their trucks or suv's. Thought of this because I got a deal I couldn't pass up today. Even though I have a 2001 Ford Ranger , I couldn't resist this (though my wife is giving me that icy glare!) A little old man sold me his 1987 Ford F-150 that he had since new for $2,500. It has 30,000 certified miles on it and only a couple of teeny rust spots. It has the big 300 6 cyl. and 4 sp trans. Also a nice cap with the sliding windows with screens.it needs new tires from dry rot and a tune up.It'll be a good fishing/hunting truck. What do y'all drive and what kind of deals have you come across in your lifetimes? Whats the one you miss and shoulda kept? Oh by the way,bought the wife some new furniture so that creepy,icy glare would go away!

2. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    good truck, good deal! I had an 88 F-150 300 6 5speed I bought it when my son was born, intended on selling it to him (for a small price) when he got to be 16. had to sell it, had too many vehicles in the drive with the company van. ended up with a 92 150 xcab long bed auto 351. like it, but miss the old blue goose. I tease my wife about getting a 4wd before i die. you learn to go around stuff rather than over it.
    i like all brands of trucks, the only thing that gripes me is the suv owners who never use the 4wd. seems like a status symbol thing.

3. I will soon be the owner of another car as well, i have 2 already, a 94' toyota tercel(my econo car) a 79' Camaro with a bored&stroked 350, now a 400, and soon a 73 maverick, has a few leaks, interior needs a little work, but hey the guy said he'd let it go for $400 bucks, that's a steal anyway you look at it!!!
    first thing i'll end up doing if probably get rid of the 250 strait 6 and drop in a 289 or 302. It's gonna be fun playin' around with it!!
    -Jesse

4. wes

wes G&G Newbie

I have a 1965 Ranchero.

5. My favorite 4wd was my 1986 Izusu trooper. Let me tell you that four wheel drive got used! It would climb a tree. Put on a trailer hitch to tow my toys, some serious off road tires, a little tweaking on the suspension and it was an awesome off-roader. Did it it comfort too. Dang ex-wife took it in the divorce and gave me the car. Oh well, its a new 2000 ford Focus SE. Nice car but I want my four wheeler!

6. NRAJOE

They all sound cool so far!!

7. 73 maverick--are you sure? Now the camaro--rock on.

8. NRAJOE

Theres a 73 Maverick for sale here in Toledo. I came real close to buying it...302 boss motor with a holley 650 cfm carb...9 inch rear...headers with Purple Hornie mufflers...but $4,500 was a little more than i had.

9. If thats a stock car then I missed my chance in 73. Is that thing street legal??

10. NRAJOE

Hey Alan, what up bro...yeah its street legal. Was never a big fan of Mavericks or Comets but this ones pretty cool. Tweety yellow with black racing stripes, black interior with Recaro buckets!...zoom,zoom, zoom!

11. yeah it need some work, but yeah $400 for it, it's faded tweedy yellow, though when i look at it, it looks as if the yellow isn't the stock color, there looks to be shade of blue underneath.
    All and all i think it'll make a great little project car, even if it's a Ford!!!(i'm a GM man, can you tell LOL:p )
    -Jesse

12. Mavericks and Pintos--So much for the speed limit signs. Jessie good luck with your project.

13. NRAJOE

So am I but for some reason my last 5 cars have been Fords,got deals I couldn't pass up. Wifey-poo has a 94 Mustang GT convertible with the 302 5 speed in it. Bright red with black top and interior...just a big speeding ticket waiting to happen! P.S...the old truck is my 50th vehicle in 25 yrs of driving!

14. That's the only reason that I don't own a sports car--Can't afford the tickets. Heaven forbid my wife owning one.--Speed demon. She does pretty good in her 88 Acura legend.

15. NRAJOE

Gotta get to the stores before them sales expire don't they???

16. Rooster

Rooster G&G Newbie

I have an orginal '71 GMC 1/2 ton with 350 auto, first year for disk brakes/drum rear, air, sierra grande package. Love to drive it.

17. NRAJOE

What time do you want me to come and take it off your hands,Rooster? :D

18. Rooster

Rooster G&G Newbie

Actually, I am thinking of selling. No room for the kiddies, only lap belts that won't hold car seat correctly.

19. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I'm looking for an old Dodge or Chevy stepside...for my next project...maybe even an old flatbed dually

20. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

Need I say more hehehehehehe. I owned Fords and will never do that again. Sorry but I had a tool box with me all the time {My personal experience} Now I have more room for my guns and dont worry about leaving them on the side of the road when I broke down hahahahahahaha. I feel the heat coming on now. If This isn't enough look in the local paper in any given week you will see a Ford recall this week is police cruisers {Crown Vic's} burning up when hit from behind. I drive a 250 heavy duty at work and in 5 years I have had 7 recall's . I have had this truck 3 and had one for a tag to be put on the brake line up front so when the mechanic did the brakes he wouldn't twist the lines because they are so long for a larger turning radius. Asbestos suit on dug in fox hole flame away. Rick B

[​IMG]