close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Old Question Answered

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Bryan Williams, May 1, 2002.

1. Bryan Williams

Bryan Williams G&G Newbie

I dont remember who all from this forum helped me with deciding on what branch of the military to joing but thank you again. You said to keep you posted on what I decide and I am now 99.999% into the Marine DEP program. All I have to do is sign... I met with the recruiter today and offered me by far the best deal of any of the branches. I guess I'm goin to hel...er I mean Marine basic training next summer :)

Bryan

2. Been there done that! you'll hate it and love it all at the same time if I could I'd do it all over and over.
    Oh' get everything that recruter says in writing!!!!!!!!!
    I enlisted (awhile back) as a 0-300(grunt with the promise of scout sniper school after boot) I was given orders after boot to the corp band. I'm about as musicle as a washing machien.
    after several trips to the CO's house I finaly got the recruter to fess up and my CO got the base com. to send down new orders.
    Not to scare you my man just a warning. Recruters are Marines too but they can lie like a liberal Democrat wishes he could.
    Good luck.
    PS. when you get to PI. and get introduced to the "PIT" tell it SGT. Northrop misses it. Ha, Ha, Ha.

3. Bryan Williams

Bryan Williams G&G Newbie

Sorry but no Parris Island for me, San Diego, California is where I'm headed if I sign up. Yes I've already told the recruiter I want it in writing for Infantry/Sniper. :)
    And Thanks for the luck, I'll need it.
    Bryan

4. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Give 'em hell! keep your mouth shut and your ears open, work hard! all will be good.