Old Russian Ak

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by lyon, Mar 15, 2002.

1. lyon

lyon G&G Newbie

Where can I find an old russian ak with the front pistol grip?

2. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

You won't find an old Russian AK, I don't think. There were never many that made it here. Someone did use Russian receivers to make an AK, but it had new Bulgarian parts. I believe it was www.tennesseeguns.com As far as the forward pistol grip, try www.globaltrades.com. They have the forward pistol grip off of the Hungarian AMD-65. It can be mounted in either direction. They look pretty tough. Just be legal about it.......:cool:

3. I have the stock and pistol grip,original that I took off of one years ago.Make me an offer.:D

4. Sutro

Sutro G&G Newbie

My understanding is that nearly all old Russian AK's are full-auto, and thus have all the problems associated with legal ownership of a full-auto weapon.

5. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

Yeah, all Russian AK's were full-auto, but a small batch made it to the States with the fire control modified , and all new internals. My old sergeant had one, and it was a LOUSY shooter. It jammed almost constantly, and the trigger was horrible. Traced the problems to the new replacement parts, as they were new, but the receiver was a 1954 Izzy. The slide rails were worn, and the rear barrel trunnion had been stressed from years of abuse. And, the parts were not interchangeable with any other country of origin. Ended up being a wall-hanger.