old spies firearm

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by nevba, Apr 30, 2008.

1. nevba

nevba Guest

I found an a w spies & co firearm in a wall of my house. this is the only writing on it, it also has what looks like an eagle on a branch in what looks like brass. any ideas on what i have?

2. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

Pics would be nice. They are old from what I have heard about them. I'd tear out all the walls in the house to see what else you can find!

3. nevba

nevba Guest

i will try to get a pic up. I think it is a flint lock.

4. Windwalker

Windwalker G&G Newbie

You may find some other valuable things.

5. nevba

nevba Guest

I hope i do not find the guy who owns it!

6. .22guy

.22guy G&G Enthusiast

That is very interesting. Can you use a metal detector on the walls instead of tearing them up? It might be hard if there are nails in the studs. I can't help you on the pistol, but good luck with that. I find things like that fascinating. If only the pistol could talk, who knows what it might say.

Anyways, welcome to gunandgame! :)

7. mitch_mckee

mitch_mckee Guest

8. nevba

nevba Guest

Thanks for the link, the rifle looks a lot like that but the but end is different.
    I can't find much of any thing on this. This house is very old and I have come across many old items, many old glass pieces in the yard. This was a great find but would love to know what I found!?

9. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Welcome aboard, and congrats on the find. Can't help with it, and I'm not good with computers, so you'll have to depend on the smart ones here!!LOL!! Enjoy G&G, and get to know everyone.

10. nevba

nevba Guest

new user

I am on a medical leave and this sight has kept me off the darn couch!!!
    I think it is great. My Grandfather left me quite a few firearms and I have gotten a lot of info from all the wise men on this site!!!
    Thank you!
    jn

11. Hi Nevba welcome to G&G. Another thing you have to consider is why was the rifle put in a wall? A lot of times it was because it was used in a crime. I would check into the history of the house and see if any robberies happened that could be related to your rifle. I collect old military rifles and I sometimes wish I could find out what wars and who carried my firearms in the past.

12. mitch_mckee

mitch_mckee Guest

This is a 200 year old rifle. They didn't even imagine one could trace firearms by bullets fired through them. They didn't have serial numbers.

Stolen, maybe.

13. mosineer

mosineer G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Great find and great fun following the clues.. if someone here, yourself, or however you come up with any more info, let us know, verrrry interesting.... welcome to G&G!! Glad you found us and hope you enjoy the forums...

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

14. Would have to go to a County or State Historical Society and look through old newspaper microfiche. But probably more work than its worth. Would be cool if you came across a newspaper with "Dirty Don Jambal robbed the 1st national bank using a Spies Shotgun"

15. Welcome to the site nevba. Sorry to hear of your medical problem/s. Sounds as if you're well on your way to recovery and getting back to normal?

Congrats on the hidden treasure/s. Can't wait for you to get some pictures of it up. I can only imagine your surprise.