Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. i need some help today. my father just bought this shotgun this morning and we were just wondering if ANYONE had any information. it has a small trademark on the barrel. diamond with an "P" inside. but no other marking besides a serial number on the under side of the breech block. any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks mooseman. we did some more research on the few trademarks there are and found that it is a belgian made shotgun(smooth bore, no rear sights, and only a bb at the muzzle, and it seems much larger than .577, closer to a 16 gauge) made by Simonis, Janssen & Dumoulin, between 1883 and 1892, apparently they took many well designed weapons and copied them. i believe that is the case with the breech block action on this gun. we dont have a model number yet. thanks again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your swing brench shotgun

did you ever find any exact information about this shotgun?
I purchased what seems to be like yours, please forward information
robert shelley
[email protected]
myrtle beach s.c.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys. i need some help today. my father just bought this shotgun this morning and we were just wondering if ANYONE had any information. it has a small trademark on the barrel. diamond with an "P" inside. but no other marking besides a serial number on the under side of the breech block. any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.
Im Pretty sure I've got the same gun, ALB simonis on the barrel, under the breach their is 1406 with 4 dots under the number, both barrel and breech is stamped with what I think is black powder symble, the number on the side is 00ACI A with a crown over the o and the a , I have not had any luck finding any information,myself, Please let me know what you find out, and I find any info, i'll relay it to you..thanks,,Clint

·
Registered
1 Posts
I inherited what appears to be the same gun about 4 months ago and haven't had any luck finding a person who can tell me exactly what I have. Mine has "HUNTER" stamped on the top of the barrel. I found a date on the inside of the plate behind the hammer 1875. Could use some knowledge if you folks can help.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
That type of shotgun is known as a "Zulu"shotgun.It's an adaptation sort of like a British Snyder but not really.They were made from French .75 caliber smooth bore muskets and put out by everybody and their brother from the late 1860s well into the early 1900s.Many makers,many names on them.
Google "zulu shotgun".

LOL Don't ask me why "Zulu",haven't a clue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts