Older Model 44 Rem Mag Carbine

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by BattleRifleG3, Sep 24, 2002.

1. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

I was wondering if anyone had good or bad experience with the older model 44 carbine. I was thinking it might make a neat quick-draw compact tactical carbine as it could legally take a folding stock and could have the fixed magazine topped off.

And if you guys know me by now, you know that the fact that no one makes folding stocks for them doesn't phase me...

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I want one of the old clip fed Ruger .44 mags, but I haven't been able to find one! That would be great behind the seat of the Brown bomb!

3. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    the older ones had an internal magazine. the new ones have the external mag.

4. Jesse

Jesse Tradehawker LLC / www.tradehawker.com / Jn 17:17 Forum Contributor

Yes, the new 44 Deerfield is a different animal than the old Ruger .44 mag. semi-. The old model had a tubular magazine like a shotgun. The 44 Deerfield has a detatchable 4 rd. magazine that also fits the 77/44 and the 96/44.

All fine rifles.

Jesse

5. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

My bad, you are correct sir!

6. panhandler

panhandler Guest

I have the old one, NIB and unfired, made in 1978. The Service Merchandise sticker is still attached.

I also own a Deerfield, made on the M1/Mini 14 pattern. It shoots great and I plan to hunt with it this season.