Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

· Wonderment :)
36,837 Posts
chesterwin: Sir; information. Worthy read-share

This is absolutely unacceptable,” he said. “And we are going to need Congress to act and delete this gun registry immediately. Gun Owners of America has long been opposed to the background check system as a whole, including the maintenance of these records.”
ATF also said in its response to Rep. Cloud that tracing “firearms used in crimes” is the goal of the records’ digitization. The bureau noted that more than half a million traces were done last year, whereas 2020 saw under half-a-million. Still, the agency conceded it does not have approximate data on “successful prosecutions” related to “crime gun traces it completes annually” or “any way to link a trace for a specific prosecution for a particular year.”
Amid the records controversy, the Biden administration has sought to change a federal law permitting gun stores to throw out records after 20 years, so the federal government cannot gain access. Biden and anti-gun groups are pushing for records to be able to be accessed continuously.

· Registered
13,250 Posts
chesterwin: Sir; information. Worthy read-share

This is absolutely unacceptable,” he said. “And we are going to need Congress to act and delete this gun registry immediately. Gun Owners of America has long been opposed to the background check system as a whole, including the maintenance of these records.”
ATF also said in its response to Rep. Cloud that tracing “firearms used in crimes” is the goal of the records’ digitization. The bureau noted that more than half a million traces were done last year, whereas 2020 saw under half-a-million. Still, the agency conceded it does not have approximate data on “successful prosecutions” related to “crime gun traces it completes annually” or “any way to link a trace for a specific prosecution for a particular year.”
Amid the records controversy, the Biden administration has sought to change a federal law permitting gun stores to throw out records after 20 years, so the federal government cannot gain access. Biden and anti-gun groups are pushing for records to be able to be accessed continuously.
The only gun tracing they should be able to do is to prove that the gun was stolen before being used in the crime. that is done when I give them the list of guns stolen from me. That goes into NCIC and serial numbers get checked. They have no need to trace any other sales or transfers of that firearm.

· Premium Member
19,450 Posts
I suppose if you are stupid enough to use a firearm that purchased through a licensed firearms dealer to commit a crime, then you should suffer the consequences.
Two people were murdered in Des Moines, Iowa by a punk using a .50 cal pistol. The police found the shell casings at the scene, realized it was a .50 cal Desert Eagle round. Contacting the company in Israel, they found that at that time, only 50 such firearms were delivered to the US. The police tracked down every one of those .50 cal Desert Eagles owners through the dealers that had received shipment. Only one owner, in Seattle, Washington could not produce his .50 cal Desert Eagle.
He had reported it stolen and he believed it was stolen by his daughters ex-boyfriend, Joseph White, Jr. who moved back to Des Moines, Iowa. White Jr was caught and is serving two life sentences.
Tracing firearms used in crimes does work.
If you think the govt is somehow going to use those records and confiscate every law abiding citizens firearm, you a paranoid. First off, the Feds have not the personnel to accomplish such a task. Not now, certainly not in the future.
However, if you commit a murder and the police trace the firearm back to you, you should be more concerned about life in prison than having your firearm confiscated.

· Resident Curmudgeon
36,536 Posts
Articles like this one make me wonder why we need the BATFE at all. Think about it. Half a million traces in a year, more or less. A bunch of regulators who are swaggering, overbearing, tin-plated dictators with illusions of godhood. The FBI runs the NICS computer system for them. The FBI does all the background checking for them. It's the FBI, not the BATFE, that does the checking for pistol permits, Class 1 FFLs, Class III FFLs (what few of them still exist), and the Class 3 Curio & Relic licenses. So just what do we need the BATFE for?

(Disclosure: My own experience dealing with the BATFE is negative. When I put in for my C&R license, the office that handles my part of New York State tried to intimidate me into withdrawing the application by saying they needed to interview me, inspect where I would be storing the firearms, see my NRA qualifications, etc. I explained that I wasn't opening a gun shop, just applying for a C&R collector license. They got snotty and said they'd get back to me in six months. I called my (at the time) Republican Congresswoman and explained to the staffer that answered the phone all I was doing was trying to get a C&R license, and according to the online regulations all you have to do for that is fill out the application form and send it in with a money order for $30, and file a copy of the application with the local senior law enforcement officer, in my case the County Sheriff, which I had done. The BATFE office was being deliberately obstructionist. Considering I hold a pistol permit that required a background check by the FBI, which you can't get unless the FBI says you are an honest, upstanding citizen, what was their problem? The staffer said they would look into it for me. Two days later, my license showed up in the mail.)

I feel the BATFE should be abolished. Give the firearms and explosives part of their operation to the FBI. Give the alcohol and tobacco part of their operation to the Treasury agents, aka "the revenooers." Abolish the record-keeping part of the operation as it applies to private citizens altogether. And above all, take away their regulatory powers. I personally am sick of bureaucrats who can make a regulation that has the weight of law, but is NOT law. I hate it in all areas, but especially in the matter of firearms. America is allegedly a nation of laws that apply impartially to everyone, not a nation where non-elected regulators can do whatever they want with the only restriction on their actions being public outcry against what they want to do! These regulators have more real power than the Legislative Branch does!

· Registered
2,379 Posts
I suppose if you are stupid enough to use a firearm that purchased through a licensed firearms dealer to commit a crime, then you should suffer the consequences.
Two people were murdered in Des Moines, Iowa by a punk using a .50 cal pistol. The police found the shell casings at the scene, realized it was a .50 cal Desert Eagle round. Contacting the company in Israel, they found that at that time, only 50 such firearms were delivered to the US. The police tracked down every one of those .50 cal Desert Eagles owners through the dealers that had received shipment. Only one owner, in Seattle, Washington could not produce his .50 cal Desert Eagle.
He had reported it stolen and he believed it was stolen by his daughters ex-boyfriend, Joseph White, Jr. who moved back to Des Moines, Iowa. White Jr was caught and is serving two life sentences.
If you think the govt is somehow going to use those records and confiscate every law abiding citizens firearm, you a paranoid. First off, the Feds have not the personnel to accomplish such a task. Not now, certainly not in the future.
However, if you commit a murder and the police trace the firearm back to you, you should be more concerned about life in prison than having your firearm confiscated.
Yeah, gun confiscations have never happened before. You the crazy one. Ignoring history much?

· Registered
691 Posts
... If you think the govt is somehow going to use those records and confiscate every law abiding citizens firearm, you a paranoid.
You are exactly the kind of gun owner the government wants. Sorry, but I believe they call that type a useful idiot. Rather paranoid and free than contented servitude.

· Super Moderator
11,832 Posts
Yeah, gun confiscations have never happened before. You the crazy one. Ignoring history much?
Rev - Remember this guy is very left wing. Likes Biden, any dem policy, etc. Maybe even likes inflation and paying higher taxes. Maybe schooling isn't important and maybe even feels police are a waste of money.......

· Registered
474 Posts
Guy has his gun stolen. Reports it stolen and reports who probably stole it and where he lives. Law enforcement springs into action only after it is used in a murder. This is why it's okay for the biden admin to break laws.
C'mon man!

· Premium Member
19,450 Posts
Guy has his gun stolen. Reports it stolen and reports who probably stole it and where he lives. Law enforcement springs into action only after it is used in a murder. This is why it's okay for the biden admin to break laws.
C'mon man!
The gun was never found after it was used in the murders. The police had to tie it to White Jr and that’s why every .50 Desert Eagle was traced and that was introduced at his trial……that the only .50 Desert Eagle unaccounted for was the one White Jr was suspected of stealing. Circumstantial but it helped to convict him.

· Registered
691 Posts
In America? When?
<swooosh> Man, did you miss the point.

No, the Government probably does not have enough people to confiscate all the legally owned guns in America. Learning the lessons of history they will probably employ the 13-17 year olds and call them the Biden Youth or somesuch and have really cool uniforms to go door to door in and survey who has guns or not. If you refuse to answer the real work will be done by the Biden Freedom Fighter Corps (themselves armed) who will pay you a visit and demand your guns lest you be required to go to Safety Reeducation Camp (much like Roosevelt did to the Japanese-Americans during WWII). For the good of Mother America, of course. But they will probably issue you appropriate papers (to show when demanded by the BFFC) if you rat on your neighbors who do support the 2A. I wonder, Comrade, how will you react if that day comes?

Regardless, be assured that true Patriots will engage in the fight for your freedom with their guns. Guns that you would naively surrender to the Government in return for paternalistic subjugation.

Reactions: Cyrano

· Premium Member
19,450 Posts
<swooosh> Man, did you miss the point.

No, the Government probably does not have enough people to confiscate all the legally owned guns in America. Learning the lessons of history they will probably employ the 13-17 year olds and call them the Biden Youth or somesuch and have really cool uniforms to go door to door in and survey who has guns or not. If you refuse to answer the real work will be done by the Biden Freedom Fighter Corps (themselves armed) who will pay you a visit and demand your guns lest you be required to go to Safety Reeducation Camp (much like Roosevelt did to the Japanese-Americans during WWII). For the good of Mother America, of course. But they will probably issue you appropriate papers (to show when demanded by the BFFC) if you rat on your neighbors who do support the 2A. I wonder, Comrade, how will you react if that day comes?

Regardless, be assured that true Patriots will engage in the fight for your freedom with their guns. Guns that you would naively surrender to the Government in return for paternalistic subjugation.
😂😂😂Be careful. Some members here will believe this nonsense and have another heart attack.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.