Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And on layaway!
Sorry no pics yet and can't find a good example online.

Ruger MK II Target Blued Tapered 4" bbl.
Yeah you read right. No, it's not a blued model with target sights but an actual stubby target model.
I've always wanted something like this and always liked the MK II Target series. Fairly compact and although not a lightweight by today's standards weighs less obviously than the 5.5" stainless bull barrel I had. And as far as I'm aware pretty bomb proof with no MIM parts or funky mag safeties.
I've actually had this on layaway for a hair over a week but was holding off on posting for a pic or two.
But ain't gonna no longer.

·
Premium Member
26,572 Posts
Sounds like a great find Ed.
If I was a betting man I would bet that it is in bad need of a thorough disassembly and cleaning.
That seems to be the Achilles heal for most of those pistols; owners who can and will do that necessary maintenance occasionally.

·
Registered
7,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, even when the MK II series was in production I've never seen a 4"bbl target model for sale in person.
I was kind of on the lookout for another MK II Target and even pondering getting one off of gun broker. Then I spied this. And their 90day layaway did the talking. And I'd be kicking myself over this into eternity if I passed on it.
Note: ain't buying this to collect or a range queen. It's in the game getter and target practice category.
Also after I make my move I'll be out looking for another for as close to a Ruger Amphibian as I can get.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts