Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And on layaway!
Sorry no pics yet and can't find a good example online.

Ruger MK II Target Blued Tapered 4" bbl.
Yeah you read right. No, it's not a blued model with target sights but an actual stubby target model.
I've always wanted something like this and always liked the MK II Target series. Fairly compact and although not a lightweight by today's standards weighs less obviously than the 5.5" stainless bull barrel I had. And as far as I'm aware pretty bomb proof with no MIM parts or funky mag safeties.
I've actually had this on layaway for a hair over a week but was holding off on posting for a pic or two.
But ain't gonna no longer.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Congratulations, they are fun fun fun to shoot. I have a 5.5" stainless slab side MK II with target sights and its a pure joy. Dont forget to post pics when you get it.

·
Premium Member
26,925 Posts
Sounds like a great find Ed.
If I was a betting man I would bet that it is in bad need of a thorough disassembly and cleaning.
That seems to be the Achilles heal for most of those pistols; owners who can and will do that necessary maintenance occasionally.

·
Registered
7,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually it's clean as a can be and looks like someone never fired it.
Which was shocking to me.
Looks like some guy bought it and never used it then someone inherited it and didn't want it.

·
Registered
7,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, even when the MK II series was in production I've never seen a 4"bbl target model for sale in person.
I was kind of on the lookout for another MK II Target and even pondering getting one off of gun broker. Then I spied this. And their 90day layaway did the talking. And I'd be kicking myself over this into eternity if I passed on it.
Note: ain't buying this to collect or a range queen. It's in the game getter and target practice category.
Also after I make my move I'll be out looking for another for as close to a Ruger Amphibian as I can get.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts